Chapter nineteen[pt.2]

~parseltongue snake speaker~
§parseltongue human speaker§
-Thoughts-
/Parseltongue writing/

The five Slytherins led the way for the others to the Great Hall, completely ignoring the way the Gryffindors were staring at them. They weren't important to her and had no use, at least none she could see. Maeve didn't see herself getting closer to the Gryffindors aside from her twins and their friend.

Maeve stepped into the Great Hall and tilted her head when she noticed professor Quirrell sitting at his seat, he couldn't have possibly gotten here before her. He had stayed behind as she left, she raised a brow when he lifted his goblet to her. She had questions and she'll be getting her answers.

Daphne linked their arms and walked in front of the boys towards their table, once her group was seated everyone else sat down as well. Maeve nodded at her boys across the room and smiled as they walked up to them, ignoring how the Gryffindors broke out into whispers.

"Hello, love." Fred greeted as he, George, and Lee Jordan sat down.

"Hello, darling boys, we'll be heading to the library later. We'll meet up here and make our way down after our last class." She spotted the Hufflepuff and smirked. "I have a person I think would help us greatly."

Draco swallowed his pumpkin juice and tilted his head. "Who?"

"He's a hufflepuff, third year I believe." She nodded her head towards him and watched as they subtly looked over and saw who she was talking about.

"That's Cedric Diggory," George said, looking back at Maeve.

"He always follows his dad, who wants him to work at the Ministry. Not sure if that's what he truly wants. Good bloke, he is." Fred explained.

Daphne examined the pretty boy with narrowed eyes. "He's extremely good looking, why do you want him anyway?"

Maeve shrugged a delicate shoulder with a sweet smile. "No one ever suspects a Hufflepuff to be nefarious." They all let out quiet laughs.

Lee took a bite out of his biscuit as he listened to their conversation, he knew they weren't just a small clique. They had to be more and the fact that the leader was Maeve Potter, the girl who lived, well, whatever was taking place had to be phenomenal. He's just glad the first year trusted him enough to allow him to be around, even if he hasn't been fully integrated.

"When do you plan on talking to the pretty boy?" Daphne asked, a smile curling at pink lips. She sent a smirk towards the boys who were busy pretending not to hear her comment.

Maeve pursed her lips, eyeing the older boy across the room. "He is pretty, huh?" She shook her head and looked at the female blonde. "I've decided I'll be speaking to him after our last class while you lot wait at the library."

"You'll be speaking to him alone?" Draco asked, looking quite alarmed, he shared a look with the other four boys.

The dark haired girl nodded, looking confused. "Of course, why would that be a problem?" She asked as she took a sip of her water.

"There's no problem, ignore the idiots. Go on ahead and invite this Cedric Diggory boy." Daphne said, glaring at the boys silencing their protests. They weren't going to ruin this for her, that Hufflepuff was attractive and they needed more pretty people.

Draco grumbled as he stabbed at his eggs, a pout on his lips though he stayed quiet. Quelled by the look in the other blonde's icy blue eyes, the power of women caused fear in all the boys. Girls were scary.

Maeve huffed a laugh, shaking her head. "I'll talk to him soon, for now let's finish eating so we can head to our next class."

After eating the last of their food, Maeve and her group led the Slytherins to Transfiguration class. She stopped them at the door, blocking the entry and looked them each on the eyes. "Be on your best behavior, remember she is always looking for ways to dock points. Don't give her any reasons." They all nodded and she stepped in, followed by the rest.