Chapter twenty-eight

~ snake speaker~
§parseltongue human speaker§
-Thoughts-
/Parseltongue writing/

Maeve was up way before the sun even rose, she had to pick an outfit for her clone to wear during the feast and she had to create a timer to let her know just when two hours had passed. It wouldn't do good to suddenly have the clones explode in the middle of the Great Hall, too many questions would be asked and she had no time to answer. She also had to read through the section that held her desired ritual to ensure nothing would go wrong. Her twins had managed to secure their place in her heart and she'd just hate for them to get hurt in something that could have been easily avoidable.

After showering and getting dressed, Maeve kissed Loki on his head, grabbed her book and bag and made her way to the common room where she knows she won't be bothered as she read in front of the fireplace. Her darling snakes knew better than to bother her when she had her nose pressed in a book, the last to do so had earned himself such a painful hex. Maeve sat in her seat, it was placed directly in front of the flames so that she could keep warm, much like her sweet snake she was quick to grow cold.

Clones to control

Creating a clone can be dangerous and potentially end fatally. If you wish to accomplish this ritual, be sure to be in a dark room, with all who wish to create a clone. It is important that you remain silent if you are not the one doing the casting, any sound not relevant to the ritual can cause more harm than good.

Ingredients necessary:

Two candles per person

One bowl per person
Three coals per person

A single large bowl with water

A single sharp blade

Each person performing the ritual must sit in a circle, with two candles on each side of them. The three coals will be placed in the bowl in front of their person, the large bowl of water shall be placed in the center of the circle with the blade laid beside it.

The person leading the ritual shall place both hands in the water and say these words:

hoc phiala aquae purgo me immunditiae.

Wait for the other members to do the same before grabbing the blade and chanting these words:

hoc ense meo sanguine et magicae communico

With the blade slice it across both palms, allow the other members to do the same before chanting these words:

Et dum sanguinem nostrum super carbones effundimus , magicae matri damus licentiam mentis et corporis replicandi.

With all your members, seal the ritual with:

So mote it be.

If Mother Magick accepts your request, your doubles shall appear.

Do not attempt this ritual with silver or gold on your person, be sure to wear loose clothing. Such as a gown or robe.

Maeve looked away from the book when she felt the familiar magic of her darling Draco appear from behind her. He had a hand placed against his mouth as he yawned slightly. "Good morning, darling." She greeted him with a soft smile. "What are you doing up so early?"

"Mh, I had a feeling you were up and decided to keep you company." He muttered sleepily, taking a seat on the emerald couch. "Why are you even up?"

She lifted the book with a pointed look. "I had to reread it and make sure nothing could possibly go wrong. I'll have to remind the twins to wear robes rather than their usual clothes, it'll have a better effect on the ritual. Though so far, everything seems to be good, I don't doubt the abilities of my twins but it's always wise to be cautious."