Give me a reason please

The next morning, most were receiving heavy punishment for the amount of alcohol consumption they had the night before. Even big Josher was slightly taken aback and lay on the sofa, blanket against his face feeling sorry for himself.

"That was such a dub you potted from his face Si" Toby giggled heartily "did you guys even win the game"

"Did we fuck, it was essentially pointless" Ethan groaned.

"And I got a fuck off cut down my pallet to prove I'm a massive idiot" Harry added.

"Calm down boggo. It's a battle wound" Simon chuckled holding his head at the impact.

"How much did you even drink" Josh asked the boy.

"Too much. I can't remember literally anything" Simon told him honestly.

The one thing he could remember was getting home and cuddling on the sofa with JJ. That was literal his full night according to his memory.

"He was lashed by the first club boys. It was a massive stinker"

"We could just spend the day indoors and film a video for the rest of the day. We all have hangover so may as well do that" Josh suggested.

"A video with a hangover oh you must be joking Josh"

"They can see the reality of our lives"

"Who even came up with a video idea for this week because I know I didn't" Ethan lay back on the sofa, resting on Harry's shoulder for comfort.

"Josh I'm sure. He put together a Q and A"

"Shouldn't be difficult then. When does JJ get back"

"Not until like 7, we will have to video without him"

"Tight" Simon interfered.

"It's just a q and a"

"I was kidding, chill" Simon snapped back.

The Q and A wasn't long in theory and the boys had it filmed within 50 minutes. There were no pleasant jokes or messing around with each other, they simply briefed through questions. Even their camera man insisted that they cheer up a little, to his dismay no one did.

Why was alcohol a suppressant? Why did it give you a blatant feel of euphoria to then steal it away? It was cruel Simon thought, and he went to his apartment across town quietly after the shoot was finished. He didn't speak to anyone, he left unnoticed and went back.

The video wasn't as exciting as he expected it to be, and now on top of a hangover he felt hideous. He in himself felt absolutely hideous.

In hindsight, he wanted to go home. That's all at this very point he wanted to do. Not being in his home comforts and at a place where nightlife was intimidating and overwhelming he'd rather go home.

So that's what Simon did. He packed his suitcase back up, placed his belongings in the cab and took himself to the airport.

He didn't think much of the boys reactions to it, and to be honest the way he felt himself at the very moment in time he didn't care.

On the plane, he looked out the window a solemn frown etched into his face. The clouds looked like a place of peace, and all Simon brought was unhinged feelings of sorrow.

It wasn't right he felt so sorry for himself surely, it was pathetic. He needed to start making himself level headed, his downfall would be something like this for sure.

The truth being Simon was sinking slowly. He had a slow puncture, inch by inch his performance would deteriorate until one day, bust. It's completely broken. He wasn't the first to recognise how much of a fragile state he was in because he learned to resent it but everyone else did. Everyone knew they were losing their friend, and because of Simons arrogance to the situation they couldn't even approach him about their worries.