Chapter Twenty Five

STILL DIFFERENT FROM THE GAME

IF YOU DONT LIKE IT FUCK OFF

You sighed softly as you crossed your arms as everyone talked amongst each other. You refused to argue with anyone about why you were right. They were too stupid to see the blatant answers in front of them.

"Y/N, can you repeat how Peko supposedly got away?" Nagito asked you.

"Supposedly? Fine. She probably washed the blood off with something because she was wet when she showed up at the diner. If she went to the beach she would have left footprints or passed by the front of the diner so it had to be done in the building. I think someone said the showers were broken? So that left the drinks in the mini fridge. Once done she used her bamboo stick thingy to escape," you explained. "Specifically through the window in the bathroom is my guess."

"Alright. That could make sense but-"

"Not up for your antagonist antics Nagito. This is my answer and I'm sticking to it. Last trial she was supporting me no matter what. And yet from the very beginning she's been accusing me and Hiyoko specifically. I could understand the rest of you accusing me as you aren't exactly all that wise at times. But here we have someone who protected me now insisting that I am the killer," you sighed softly as you looked down at your nails.

"That makes sense!" Ibuki agreed.

"Now do you all finally understand? It wasn't me as I have an alibi. It wasn't Hiyoko as she couldn't lift a body if she tried. And it wasn't Fuyuhiko as he isn't that stupid. Wait," you said softly.

"Are you changing accusations?" Nagito asked.

"No. It's still Peko who killed Mahiru. I just never figured out why. The whole video game thing. You said that Fuyuhiko and his sister was in it right?" You asked Hajime.

"Yes and-"

"Yeah shut up," you told him as you waved your hand to the side. "This murder supposedly mimicked that murder as well. Fuyuhiko, did you know Peko before all of this? Not while we were at school but before the rest of us ever met," you said as you looked at him.

"I-I-"

"No! I did it solely for justice! Because I am-"

"You aren't a serial killer Peko. Don't start that. You're a bodyguard. It all makes sense now! So when were you actually employed by the family? Was it when you were children? I bet you were taught to keep him safe. So when you discovered Mahiru covered up the murder like Hajime said (if he didn't say it yes he did) you took things into your own hands. You just wanted to protect him," you said as you looked at her.

"I'm only a tool. I-"

"You aren't a tool. You're Peko Pekoyama, the ultimate swordswoman. And while you did commit murder and accuse me, I hold no ill will towards you," you told her.

"I think we're ready to recap," Hajime said.

"I'll let you handle that Hajime. I've done enough," you said. The boy nodded before beginning his speech. Quietly, you looked over at Peko and gave her a sad smile.

"Maybe in another life we can be better friends," you said softly.

——

The votes rolled in.

The killer: Peko Pekoyama.

"Are you still mad at us?" Hajime asked you.

"Absolutely. You should have at least let me investigate. Currently, I have no friends," you said simply as Peko was dragged off for her execution.

You didn't want to watch it.

So you didn't.

Until....

"Fuyuhiko!" Hajime yelled as you turned to see the baby gangster get cut by Peko.

"Monokuma, this is not his execution. You better save him," you threatened the bear.

"Right right! I'd protect my students!" Monokuma said.

"If he dies you broke your own rule," you reminded the bear, making it sweatdrop.

You may act like you didn't care.

But secretly you did.

——

"So we'll send you inside with them. Okay?" Naegi asked as he looked at you sitting in the room with the pods containing your classmates.

"I don't want to remember," you told him.

"But if you remember you can help them better," Togami said sharply as he glared down at you.

"I said no. Chiaki and I gave them hope. When she...you know there was only me. Junko kidnapped me and once they had succumbed to despair I was given to them as a prize and they weren't in the right mindset. They hurt me. I don't want to remember that hurt," you told the long legged bitch.

"Alright. We're trusting you," Asahina said as she pat your head.

"Be safe. If I'm right there's a traitor in the future foundation," you told them as you laid down in your pod.

"Thank you for the warning," Kyoko said. "See you on the other side."

"See you later."

——

You panted softly as you shot up in your bed before groaning and held your hand.

Another nightmare.

If only you could remember what it was about.

•••••••••••••

A/N

So I've been seeing ✨hate comments✨ and a bitch ain't having it.

The little "chu" statement closer to the beginning of the book is a joke I have with a friend. If you don't like it then skip past it and stfu.

Reader is mostly based on my personality and I have ✨mood swings✨ so fuck off.

If you're pissy reader carries a stuffed animal, go read a different book. Reader carries a stuffed animal because it's what I carry to help with my anxiety.

All in all.

Stop with the hate comments because there are other books you can read.

Either sit and read whatever the fuck I write or leave because I'm tired of being scared to write my own story that I was never originally going to publish. I want to be happy publishing chapters again so just screw off.

Oh and while I will mark spoiler warnings for the anime I will not mark them for the rest of the game because it's been out for years.

That is all.

Peace.