Chapter Twenty Seven

"He's okay," you said with a soft smile as you stood in the hospital. Fuyuhiko was asleep in his room after presumably coming out of surgery. While most of the class betrayed you, he seemed to still fight for you.

"The others are coming," Monomi said softly as she held your hand. "If you don't want to run into them we can go."

"Yeah. That's probably a good idea," you said as you followed her out, taking one last look at the sleeping Fuyuhiko.

"M-Miss Y/N!" Someone exclaimed.

"Oh, hello Kazuichi," you said softly.

"You never call me Kazuichi anymore. Just Kaz," he said softly as his smile fell. "I'm sorry for everything! I never stood up for you!" He apologized quickly.

"You thought I killed someone Kazuichi. That I was capable of that," you said softly as you looked at him with a blank expression. "Everyone thought that I killed Mahiru. She was one of my friends."

"I-I know. I'll do whatever it takes for you to forgive me!" He exclaimed.

"I need time. You guys really hurt me. Something like that isn't repaired through a simple apology," you said softly. "I wanted to see the good in everyone, to get us all out of here. Clearly nobody wanted to see the good in me," you told him before walking away.

"Are you okay?" Monomi asked as she walked beside you.

"No. I wish things could be like before," you said softly as you walked with her.

"L-like before?" She asked, seemingly worried.

"Before I ever attended this fucking school. It was so much simpler then," you said as you walked. "But I came to this school and boom school trip. And now we're being forced to kill each other. I wish I never came here."

"I'm sure it'll all look up soon!" Monomi told you as the two of you continued to walk.

"I don't think it will Monomi. I really don't think it will."

--

You sighed softly as you laid in your bed, your eyes hollow as you zoned out. Coughing softly, you reached for a glass of water before your hand fell limp. Your forehead was sweating as you laid in your bed.

"Help," you hoarsely called out, your eyes starting to close.

"Someone help......" you muttered as your eyes finally fell.

--

"It's been two days," Monomi said softly as she looked at your sick figure. "I think we should tell the others."

"N-no. May be contagious," you said softly as you looked up at the ceiling.

"Okay," she sighed softly.

--

"It seems as if some of your classmates have been infected with Despair Disease! You better hope you can get to them all in time! One of them has had it for the past two days!" Monokuma laughed as the students tried calming down Akane.

"Who wo- oh shit! Miss Y/N!" Kazuichi yelled as he ran out with Gundham and Mikan following close behind. They wouldn't let you be hurt again.