~ 7 ~

The auction hall lighting was dim, giving an inexplicable feeling that bad people gather here to do bad things. This hall at M40 might as well be the most open-secret location there is for the rich lawless people to gather in.

It didn't take long for the event to start. Bright beams of light directed towards the center stage, where a host started his lively greetings and enticing introduction of the list of items to be auctioned.

Yu Yan took a seat on the last row of the bottom seats. He gave a side glance at the darkly lit black box rooms on the upper floors. They were clearly reserved for the VIP.

On one particular black box, Yu Yan fixed his gaze. It almost felt as if he could sense the presence of something or someone in it. But isn't that ridiculous?

Retracting his gaze, Yu Yan focused on the first object under the hammer. It was a big modified particle gun created by a slippery weapons maker. It had previously been sold everywhere due to its large fast reload time and large destruction level that was slightly lower than an acceleration gun. When the Blue Star Alliance intervened, the maker hid and the weapon had gone off-market, only to be revived in black market auctions.

Yu Yan conversed with Xiao Ba with no pressure regarding the structure of the gun, including the possible materials used. It won't be plagiarism if he made a better model after all. He can guess more than half of the procedure in making it, thus making his hands a bit itchy. He wanted to dismantle it! Unfortunately, he had to stay until the 'item' he was looking for was taken out.

Yu Yan busied himself with drafting weapon designs with Xiao Ba for more than an hour and a half. He used Xiao Ba's software in making maps like a drawing software, making Xiao Ba both surprised and a bit reluctant. So its software could be used this way! Silently, Xiao Ba sent out a 'feedback' to the main system. Very soon, the auction, that was a great source of information and inspiration for Yu Yan, finally brought out a large covered object as tall as a person, if not slightly bigger. It was rolled over by a cart as the host enticed and mystified the crowd.

A frown made its way on Yu Yan's lips when the host tugged away the brown sheet covering. There, in the middle of a stage, was a two-armed girl, not much older than himself. She lay quietly with closed eyes inside a hexagonal gray-blue cylinder.

『 What is that thing? 』Yu Yan questioned as the crowd clamored briefly after their stupor.

『 To answer Mater's query, it is an outdated cryofreezer capsule that has been ejected from a Nurdyk military warship. 』

『 A warship? What could it be doing here? 』

『 Scanning in progress... Scanning complete. Analyzing data... Data analyzation completed. To answer Master's query, the capsule was ejected from a warship. The debris residue around the capsule indicates that it has probably been floating in space for the last two decades until they have been found and sold to be auctioned. 』

『 Two decades ago? 』

Yu Yan somehow had a vague guess. If it was approximately two decades ago, then that would mean the war between the Alhoshian and the Nurdyk. This female omega is most probably a survivor of that war. Yu Yan gripped his chin in silent contemplation. The previously quiet people in the VIP boxes suddenly became lively as they desperately tried to outbid each other. Yu Yan was by no means pressured. Why waste money when he can just snatch the thing?

Don't get him wrong, he is acquainted with morals. Simply put, when in Rome, do what the Romans do. Why can't he be lawless as well? Isn't he a space pirate now too? He had to make his adoptive father proud!

A slow grin emerged from the contours of his face. Coincidentally, the host slammed his hammer loudly. The female omega was sold to the same VIP box he was scrutinizing earlier. He couldn't help but squint his eyes at that direction.