~ 19 ~

A/N: Unedited chapter. Won't rant about work and life, just know that reality is killing me, and that I'm still looking for truck-sama in hopes of transmigrating. For those who know truck-sama's contact details or schedule, for the love of God, send it to me up lol

Update: unfortunately not an update, sorry. I edited this chapter.

_+_+_

Beep. Beep.

Nyx sat on the only chair available on Yu Yan's cabin. With a sharp glance, he looked at the source of the small warning alarm.

Beep. Beep. Door unable to close—

Old Tin extended a had to disable the door that wasn't able to close because of the clog of pirates trying to get a last glimpse of their favorite Captain's child. Nyx retrieved his line of sight and placed it once again on Yu Yan who was throwing random things on the bed without looking.

"Do you really have to go?" Kenji glanced at the unsightly faces of his crewmates holding back tears and biting the edges of a handkerchief and couldn't help but think of the aftermath of Yu Yan's leaving. He really didn't want to deal with group of messy uncles.

"Did you expect me to study my butt off to learn how to hack into the academy's system to put my name in the enrollment list to take the hardest course exam in existence, all for fun? You think I'm that bored?"

Kenji shrugged, "Yeah? Why not?"

Yu Yan rolled his eyes as he turned back to his task of stuffing his luggage with more tools than clothes. Quinn snatched a few machine pieces from Yu Yan's hands before he could stuff it in.

"Stop glaring at me. You don't need to bring all of these", Quinn innocently said. Then added, "You can just bring home the things you can get your hands on while you're there. I doubt that fancy academy doesn't buy new stuff yearly."

Yu Yan paused, tapping th e a piece twice on the luggage before throwing it back on the bed behind him. "Good point." He decidedly proceeded to make space in his luggage for some 'souvenirs'.

"Ow!" Nyx gave Quinn a kick.

Nyx: If the kid gets anymore bad influence, I'm blaming you, Quinn.

Quinn, crying: You're the biggest culprit, Captain. Why do you never blame yourself!

The Captain in question glared at Quinn, making the latter expressionless outside but is brewing a storm of complains in the inside.

"Yu Yan~", a few discordant cries sounded.

"That's enough. Kid, if you have anything else left, just have someone deliver them." Nyx turned to the dense crowd of unruly, sad men. "Out", he barked one command.

Reluctantly, the group of pirates left the room until only the Captain and his kid were left. School would start soon and Yu Yan needed to move to the dormitories inside school. Not to mention, he needed to earn his own credit points for his living. Though he did have a few ideas on mind.

Nyx cleared his throat as he handed Yu Yan a metallic box, "Here. Hide it well in the dorms."

"This is?" Yu Yan opened the box to see a few pieces of cylindrical injections with a liquid inside.

"Inhibitor." Nyx walked over to the door uncomfortably.

"What's an inhibitor? What does it 'inhibit'?"

Nyx was silent for a long while before he uttered, "If... you ever suddenly feel confused and that something is wrong with your body like it's hot and painful-"