~ 28 ~

"Should we relax now?" Chen WangZhi suggested in hopes of lazing around. The amount of walking he has done was equivalent to a whole year of exercise for him!

At half past seven in the morning, almost exactly forty-eight hours since this torturous pretest started in this bewildering island, everything will be finished by tomorrow morning at eight.

Chen WangZhi was tired all over and the alcohol in his system had long been flushed out, leaving a slight headache and a tired WangZhi in its trail. And yet, looking at the whole cave wall scratched with numerous lines that represented points, he felt that they'd easily grab first place. Isn't it about time they relaxed and holed up in this cave and just let the last day pass by while sipping Gazef's rabbit soup?

Chen WangZhi swallowed his saliva.

Although Yu Yan and his team had no exact way of checking for their team's accumulated points, Gazef, coupled by Yu Yan's deduction and inference of the point, had calculated their points on the wall like a sort of mathematical mural. However, despite the reassuring lines on the walls, such ideations were still mere speculation.

Fernis glared at the young master. Unfortunately, having been in close contact with this team for a couple days and perhaps even the unwinding feeling thanks to the alcohol last night, Chen WangZhi's courage has already grown bigger.

Yu Yan: ...It wasn't because me. Definitely wasn't my influence... (⁠^⁠~⁠^⁠;⁠)⁠ゞ

"It's better to have some advantage over the other teams." Gazef stirred the small metal pot that was placed over a corner of an extremely hot stone slab. He had already moved to start cooking his main dish.

Gazef had chosen, grinded one side flat, and cleaned the slab into a perfect makeshift cooking pan earlier. He dried it under the sun before heating one side up with far before using for cooking. He even specifically hunted a boar the other day and saved it's fat for cooking. He used its fat to rub over the slab and melt. He then placed the meat, sizzling over the hot thing and making tantalizing scents with herbs rubbed over it.

"I've been monitoring the other teams. They don't seem to be aware of the point system yet", Fernis said at the side, finally attracting everyone's attention away from the Gazef and the meat.

All of them had already tasted this man's cooking. Although Yu Yan is objectively a better cook with a wider knowledge in old Chinese cuisines, it did not mean that he could cook as well as Gazef in such a harsh environment as if it was a backyard barbeque party; nor could Yu Yan ignore new recipes and food he has yet to try!

Even Fernis didn't know what to feel. Unexpectedly, a prince of another empire can easily craft, hunt, and cook outdoors. Where would he have that kind of opportunity to cultivate such skills? Should he envy the other person or disdain this primitive man?

"Or else they wouldn't have guarded their individual posts so tightly and instead, ventured to conquer other posts." Yu Yan supported the claim calmly.

Far from calm, his parotid glands weren't the least bit calm, making him swallow the excessive saliva down his throat even as he deigned ignorance over the good smell. It even gave him the inspiration to start studying herbs, medicinal plants, and all types of flora.

He just wouldn't admit to himself that the reason for it was that he couldn't recognize grass from a herb in the wilderness like this man!

Once finished cooking, Gazef lifted the boar steak and placed it on a wooden plate. He then proceeded to cut the meat into bitsized pieces. Under the blazing coal, he used a stick to take out a couple of bundled potatoes, so which he carefully unwrapped and also added the meal. Too bad they didn't find any butter or milk from any of the food-producing posts.