~ 10 ~

Deft white fingers spun the building's holographic projection absent-mindedly as Yu Yan studied the actual infrastructure in front of him.

He'd finished his entrance examination for the medical course. The content was well within the scope of what he expected after he studied the previous years' exams that served as reviewers. Unlike the other courses though, the combat course would schedule three exams for all applicants to take by batch.

In one cup of tea's time, the examination would begin yet he didn't feel pressed for time.

On the contrary, he looked relaxed and unburdened.

He closed the holographic map off. He had received instructions about the combat course examination from the school gate guards. There was written exam, a technical exam, and a practical exam wherein their fighting potential would be weighed and ranked against each other. Only the top five hundred students on the list were accepted.

Although it seemed like a large number, when compared to the number of planets and the total population of the Blue Star Empire, it was simply a handful of people from the crowd.

Walking in the building's double doors,  several eyes landed on Yu Yan, probing. Seeing that it was weak lamb walking into a den of wolves and tigers, the other applicants eased and started looking at other potentially difficult competitors to gauge their strength.

Every year, Margaux Academy's entrance exam had always been beyond fierce.

Although most dropped their guards, there were a few smarter ones that kept observing, but it could be seen that they eased considerably. Crouching tigers and hidden dragons were riskier than those hunting in the open. Danger that came without notice was the most threatening because their prey wouldn't have time to prepare anything against them.

Raising himself up on his tippy toes, Yu Yan tapped the shoulder of the closest fellow examinee, then backed away at a polite distance as the other person turned around.

"Older brother, hello. May I know where the written exam for combat course is?"

The examinee turned around and took one look at Yu Yan's physique, a hint of pity in his eyes. This person might pass the written and technical exam, but likely to fail the combat exam. One can fail either of the first two, but never the third. This was one of the important rules of the combat course entrance examination.

Seeing that this person wasn't much of a threat, the fellow examinee didn't bother to hide anything. He didn't see this harmless rabbit as competition at all.

"We're all waiting for the written exam to start. The exam halls are still closed and should open soon." Then he kindly added, "You should quickly enter. At the exact exam time, it's said that the doors close shut and those who aren't able to enter within the time span are all disqualified applicants."

"Oh", Yu Yan nodded seriously, however, he only looked like a squishy little persimmon acting like a hard rock. Even as a hard rock, he only seemed to be a pebble.

"Then we can enter any of those three doors right?"

The fellow examinee looked at Yu Yan as if to say 'isn't it obvious?'. He shook his head as Yu Yan left. He looked around and saw many applicants with protein-supplemented muscles.

The applicants this year were rumored to be one of the best since past years. The earlier applicant deduced that Yu Yan would probably turn into a bruised and squished rabbit with all the big biceps pressuring him in all directions when those doors open. But he didn't have the time to think about that—

He needed to get in those doors first!

On one side of the foyer, Yu Yan checked the time on his terminal. There were eight minutes left before the scheduled exam time. He dragged his eyes over the throng of students crowding over the three examination hall doorways.