~16 ~

Nyx: Forwarded a message: post361a/pollsite/A26/jakp3hgq1...

The Captain...the Captain sent something...

The crew of shocked pirates stared at either their terminal screens or holographic screens. Neither screen dispersed the unease in their guts.

The Captain seldom sends anything in the chat room, much less a forwarded link!

What was this? This was a link to what? Was there something they urgently needed to know?

Or were they being... scolded?

Oh no... Was this the visual proof of their 'secret' party scandal last week?! Did the Captain somehow managed to obtain evidence? But they had Kenji dispose all of the evidence after... how did the Captain do it?!

Were there hidden cameras in the ship they didn't know about?!

If they opened that link, would a scary 'Wait til I get home' message pop up?? Or maybe a popup pollsite of which pirate walks the plank first may be seen—

A plank where the shark (Captain) aims its open mouth (an ultron gun) at you (your forehead)!

For a while, the chat room was filled with quiet trepidation and a bunch of nervous trembling pirates who refused to click on the link. They were afraid to confirm that their heads were the very definition of ten red and white rings!

Would they be tied and gagged one by one? Would this... and that happen...

For single-celled organisms, their imaginative prowess was quite excellent. But nothing beat their talent of throwing the pot and its consequences around.

Thus, urgent private messages traveled from terminal to terminal—

Pirate 1 to Pirate 2: Fellow comrade, you open it. Didn't you say you were the bravest of us all yesterday?

Pirate 2 to Pirate 3: Almighty Boss, although I may be a brave pirate, I cannot be presumptuous enough to open the link for you.

Pirate 3 to Lynel: Lynel, as your drinking party Boss, I'm delegating you the important task of opening the link. What do you think?

Lynel to Gem: ....

Lynel to Gem: Gem, the Captain sent you something... maybe it's a red packet...

Gem to Pirate 4: That liar Lynel said... *erase, erase*

Gem to Pirate 4: Captain told me to tell you to open the red packet he sent you because I'm too busy doing cockpit stuff in the cockpit.

Pirate 4 to Gem: *calling* Notice prompt: The user 'Gem' is currently out of reach or coverage area. Please try again later...

Pirate 4 to Old Tin: Old Tin, as the oldest member of our crew and the person I respect, please open 'it'.

Old Tin to Quinn: Quinn, as the oldest member of our crew, I'll give you the honor of opening 'it'.

Quinn to Old Tin: *typing, typing*

Old Tin to all Pirates: Quinn said he'll do the honor of open the Captain's surprise gift for us.

All Pirates to Quinn: Brave man Quinn!

All Pirates to Quinn: Since you want it so bad, you can do it this time, Quinn.

All Pirates to Quinn: I'll do 'ya this one favor and let 'ya open it, yeah, Quinn?

Quinn to all Pirates: ...

Quinn to all Pirates: Fuc— *erase, erase*

Quinn to all Pirates: Paper tigers, the lot of you.

Quinn to all Pirates: Notice prompt: This user has deactivated Private Message function for 24 hours for all contacts except: (1) Kenji (2) Nyx (3) Yu Yan.