21 - Vice chancellor's Sons

I manage to find my way back into the class were I had biology.
The class is empty, just as I'd hoped. I sit beside the window in the front row of the left hand side, quite far from the door.

Glancing at the time, I sigh when I remember I have another class by twelve p.m and it's a few minutes to eleven.
I'm not ready to listen to anyone right now. I feel stupid. Why do i feel Kylie played a fast one on me?

Urrrgh! I stare out the window in disappointment.

My backpack is still hanging on my shoulders and it feels more like a drag. Dropping my phone on the desk, I peel off my backpack and drop it beside me on the chair.
I place my elbows on the desk and my face against my palm.

Tired, is an understatement of what I feel. And sad, mad, insecure and every other bad thought all at once is racing through my thoughts.
My eyes open when I hear footsteps. They are distant but I can still tell they are in this class room with me.
I could've sworn I saw no one in here.
The steps became closer and closer and my head is still bowed. Waiting and watching to know what'll happen

Please, don't be Kylie. I'll literally fuck her up!My lips twitch at the thought.

The feet stamps are softer than-

'Hi.'

I look up at the soft, high pitch voice and hold gaze with an adorable little child.
White chubby cheeks with round clear black eyes. Black hair jelled back and mouth munching down on whatever it is he's eating but I think I have an idea as he's holding a white transparent cup half filled in his  left hand and a half tacos in his right.

He's staring at me with squinted eyes like he's trying to figure me out. I suddenly feel like a lost treasure map.

'Hi." he repeats but this time he drags it.

My brows knit in a frown, 'Yeah boy, how may I help you?' I ask, picking up my phone and looking away from him.

He chuckles. 'I don't need help, you do."

My head whipped back up in his direction with my jaw dropping. _Shey this one is mad ni? Me I need help? All these small small oyinbo children, I don't have their time o.

"Excuse me!" I choose to go with that instead of something that'll most definitely hurt a child's feelings.

He purses his lips, "You look sad."

Again, "What?"

This time he rolls his eyes.

Such disrespect!

"First of all, don't roll your eyes at me." I drop my phone to address the issue. "You don't do that to someone who is obviously older than you. How old are you, seven? Eight?-"

"I'm the vice chancellor's son!" he says and I clamp my mouth shut. When I don't speak for a while, I notice a smile tugging at his lips.

"That's how much I care about that information." I say gently with seriousness on my face. "Child, you can be the owner of the school and I still don't give a flying fu-fur." I blink, realizing he's just a child. "Yes, I don't give a flying fur."

"That's not an expression." he says with a frown.

"Well when you're a grown up, you'll get it."

He squints his eyes again. He takes a long sip from his drink with his eyes still on me. After that, he clears his throat causing me to arch a brow, "I'm Rico Walter. The Vice Chancellor's youngest son."

I scoff with an eye roll and fold my arms, "You must be proud."

"You have no idea." he smirks.

"How old are you?"