11 - Leave my house

Claire's POV;

After a long, tiresome day, I finally do myself a favour and go home. Even with the knowledge of my husband's mistress being at my house, I still can't help but go back there.

Segun and I have faced a lot together. This will definitely not be our breaking point.

Tired is an understatement and disrespect is just a mere word that doesn't seem strong enough to explain what I feel inside.

I never expected what happened in my store today. Never thought 'Lolipop' would stoop extremely low as to-

Wait? Did Segun send her to my store?

My brows knit in a frown. He wouldn't dare. But if I find out that he has a hand in it, I swear I'm going to kill him! I don't deserve such disrespect from a mistress!

I make it to my room after a while. The house is quiet and I'm not surprised. Lollipop's presence has put everyone behind closed doors and the tension in this house is sickening.

I wonder if Daniel is back from work and if Sophia had eaten anything. I want to call her over but I don't have enough energy for her at the moment.

I sigh and plump down on my bed- _mine and Segun's bed_ -the one where we sleep like brothers because I'm sure he sees me as a family member. That's why I've gotten no action for the past years now.

"What are you doing?" I inquire when I notice Sophia standing at the door and looking around. Almost like she's spying.

A wide smile breaks out on her face but that doesn't stop my suspicion.

"Good evening, Mummy." she hurries over to me and sit. "You should have just said that gently..."she trails off. Maybe remembering that I'm a Nigerian woman and won't hesitate to pick a fight with that word.

"How did your day go?" she asks.

My shoulders slump. "Evening. Uhm... since you're here-" her groan threatens to damage my eardrum but I ignore it and continue.

"Just go into the kitchen, help me take the egusi soup out of the freezer. Put it in the microwave to make it easier for you and tell your brother to prepare semo." I manage to talk lengthy, avoiding her question.

The smile she walked in with has dropped and her face has taken one of regret.

"You want me to raise my voice, abi?"

"But mum?" her eyes find mine and now they're filled with worry. "What's wrong with you?" she asked, trying to touch my face.

I flinch, throwing her hand away.

"Go and do what I told you. It's like you want to eat me for dinner." I left the room in annoyance. Suddenly highly irritated for every thing; living and non-living things.

If I eventually find out that Segun had a hand in that stupid girl coming to my shop-everybody will suffer for it.

That's the sad thing about getting me upset. Everyone will pay the price and we all know that a mad mum equals a crazy home.

Relief washes over me when I find Daniel already making the semo.

"Ah! Omo mi! Thank you."

He smiles and immediately freeze "Why is your face like that?" he asks, licking the back of the spoon he used to stir the semo.

"Go and wash that spoon immediately." I scowl. "Only God knows where that tongue has been."

Daniel laughs and quickly moves to the sink. "You haven't answered me-"