The Proposal

A/N: Well, it's been a good couple years but here we are at the end.

Four years of college had come and gone. Tomorrow, I would graduate from Yale with a Master of Fine Arts Degree.

I would walk alongside my sister and friends at graduation, and would finally get the graduation experience I missed out on at the end of high school to film my first feature film.

I also now had more than a few professional acting credits under my belt, and was preparing to return to Yale the following year to train to become a lawyer and eventually take over my grandparents' law firm.

My life was perfectly planned out right in front of me. I knew how everything was going to go for the next three years - or so I thought.

Tonight however, my grandparents (Emily and Richard) would be throwing both me and Rory a joint graduation party.

Although we'd had our differences - especially over the last four years - our relationship had come out stronger for it. I'd even patched things up with our mom, and though we weren't all as close as we could have been, we were taking steps in the right direction.

Rory had been offered a job at the Philadelphia Enquirer, where she was moving to be with Jess after they graduated. I lived with Logan just outside New Haven, and they were planning to stay there while she attended law school. Although, Logan had to travel a lot for business with his family company.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, can we have your attention?"

I leaned into Logan as my grandparents started giving their speech.

"First, let me thank you for coming to celebrate my granddaughters' graduation- Ouch!"

Grandma pinched Grandpa causing chuckles from the audience and the man was quick to rectify his mistake. "I do beg your pardon. Celebrating our granddaughters' graduation."

"I can't let him take all the credit. Have you seen them? Can you blame me? We have some of the most gorgeous, intelligent and talented women as our granddaughters."

"So when my wife and I sat down to write the toast, we found that regular words were simply too mundane and insignificant to mark such an auspicious occasion as Rory and Sierra's graduation from Yale. So instead... Maestro."

Music started playing and I looked at Rory with shock and caution.

"Please excuse us, we're not singers - we usually leave that part of the entertainment to Sierra."

And they started singing.

Emily
Richard
Both

You're the top you have graduated
You're the top, your grandparents are elated.
Newspaper editor, Captain of the Debate Team - Wow!
You're a revelation, a huge sensation!
You should take a bow.
You are done - no more school for you.
There is nothing now that you can't do.
We're so proud, we'll sing it loud
It's true!
Rory, Sierra, you are bulldogs through and through!

Everyone laughed and applauded, Logan even let out a loud "Yeah!" Causing me to roll my eyes fondly at my loud boyfriend.

"Wow. Thank you." Both Rory and I were still a little in shock at what just occurred, Rory thanking them as I just turned to the crowd and said, "Please say someone got that on video!" Seriously, that is something I would love to find ten years down the line.

Everyone laughed yet again and Rory made the first speech. "Well thank you so much. You know that none of this would have been possible without your help so. You should all know there's no way I could be a bulldog through and through if it weren't for these two, so thank you so much Grandma and Grandpa."