6

I had been standing there for what felt like hours, ever since my shift ended at Luke's. I didn't want to tell mom or Rory about the date, because I knew how they felt about rich people.

Anyway, I was stuck on my own in this fashion debacle. I eventually gave up on my dignity and dived into my closet. I pulled out a black skater skirt and a burgundy halter top with some black kitten heels. I also curled my hair lightly and put on a bit of makeup. I grabbed my black clutch and coat and left. On my way out, I called my mom and told her I'd gone over to my friends house to rehearse for our play.

As I drove up to the restaurant Logan had texted me I thought, 'Wow, this place is fancy.' I parked my car and walked to the entrance, to see him standing there with his signature smirk on.

"Queenie! I was beginning to think you stood me up."

"Well, I thought about it Sherlock, but then I was hungry and wasn't in the mood for takeout, so here I am."

"You wound me Gilmore."

"I'm sure your precious pride will survive." He took my arm and held the door open. "What a gentleman." I laughed and allowed him to lead me through the restaurant. "Huntzberger, table for 2." They led us into a room away from everyone else.

"Bloody hell, Sherlock, how on earth did you manage to get a private room in this place considering we only met yesterday?"

"It's amazing how far a name can take you." I picked up a menu and stared at it. "Well, I don't know about you, but I am famished."

"So, Queenie, we've had 2 conversations so far, not including this one, but I have yet to know much about you other than you're a Gilmore and you really don't like your sister."

"Hmm, well, as you know from your stalking, I live in Stars Hollow with my Mom and sister, who is actually my twin, even though I was born a day earlier than her. I go to Chilton on a Theatre Scholarship and I have grown a strong aversion to pizza and Chinese food. And I do like my sister, I just don't like how everyone else loves her."

He looked shocked. "How do you get an aversion to pizza?" I laughed. "It's kind of a funny story actually. You see, my mom is a terrible cook so every night, we either get takeout or go to our local diner. But my mom and sister are obsessed with pizza and I have eaten so much pizza and Chinese food that I don't think I will ever be able to eat either of them for at least 50 years."

"Wow, that kinda sucks. Tell me about your family."

"Ooh yet another funny story. My mom had me and Rory when she was 16 and refused to marry my dad, so she created a huge scandal and ran away from my grandparents and became a maid at an Inn in Stars Hollow. From there, she worked her way up and is now executive manager with dreams of starting her own Inn. So anyway, until I was about 16, I only ever saw my grandparents at Easter, Christmas or Thanksgiving. But, about a month into my Sophomore year, my sister got into Chilton Private School and my mom couldn't afford the tuition so she took a loan from my grandparents. In order to get the loan, Grandma told Mom that she wanted to have dinner with us every Friday night, and so we got a lot closer. But my mom still has a deep hatred of everything well, everything you are and everything she was. I couldn't even tell her I was hanging out with you because she would probably hate me for it so I had to lie and say I was going to a friends house."

"Oh, jeez, I'm sorry Queenie." I shook my head. "Don't be, it's not your fault. And that's not even the extent of it. When I met my other grandparents, Straub and Francine, they were nothing but snobby and stuffy towards both me and my sister, not to mention all the snide comments to my mother. You know, they had the nerve to blame her. It was a shared mistake, I mean if you really wanna get technical it kinda was his job to bring a condom. I also, you know, may have had a huge go at Straub for being such an asshat." I added the last part sheepishly.