12

I sat on my bed working on my Shakespeare essay for school, when my phone rang.

“Hello?”

“Hey babe.”

“What's up Sherlock?”

“You have dinner with your grandparents every Friday night right?”

“Most nights, yes.”

“What time?”

“We eat dinner at 7, but we usually get there about a half hour early for drinks. Why?”

“Well, I was thinking, I don't get to see you that much and the guys miss you too.”

“Get to the point, Huntzberger.”

“Right, how about I pick you up after school on Friday and we can head to the pub and drop you off at your grandparents’ after. I'll even introduce you to some of the people in the LBD.”

“Ok, sure. I'll bring my fake id to school.”

“You do that, Queenie. So, how was your day?"

Friday couldn't come around quickly enough. Since Logan was picking me up straight from school, I got the bus with my sister instead of driving and it was really boring.

I sat in my final class of the day, throwing paper at Paris who got in a fight with my sister in their fencing class. No one had stopped talking about it. After what felt like days, the bell rang and I went to my locker to put my books away and get out my clothes to change into, when I noticed a crowd of people running out to the car park. I found one of Rory's friends, Louise, and asked her what was going on.

"Hey, Louise, what's happening?"

"He's here, he's here, I can't believe he's here."

"Who?"

"What do you think he's doing? Is he gonna take a Chilton girl on a date? He never dates high schoolers." She completely ignored me, so I pushed through to the front of the crowd and saw, standing there and leaning against his car, none other than Logan Huntzberger.

"Well, I'll be damned." I muttered with a smile and walked over to meet him. "You're trespassing on school property." He smirked. "Wow, Queenie, your flirting skills haven't improved since the last time I saw you. Ready to go?"

I looked over at Louise, who had now been joined by her friend, Madeleine. I quickly checked to see my sister was nowhere in sight, then wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him. "OK, let's go."

As we sped off, I saw all of the girls gossiping and whispering to each other as I smirked and put my arm around him. "You know, you caused quite the stir today. I don't know what's gonna be talked about more, you showing up and taking me out, or my sister having a huge argument with her friend in fencing class."

"Oh really, what happened? Does someone else find your sister as annoying as you do?"

"No, it's just the manipulations of one Francine Jarvis, who hates me, my sister, and her friend." I told him everything Rory had told me, from the bathroom talks to the impromptu student council meeting.

We drove straight to campus so I could change at Logan's apartment. "Do you really have to get changed?"

"Logan, I am not going to walk around campus in my Chilton uniform so a bunch of horny frat boys can ogle me."

"Yeah, but you got that kind of Britney Spears thing going for you. Just put your hair in pigtails and unbutton your shirt a bit."

"Mm, not gonna happen. You know, when my Mom told my sister she was gonna go to Chilton, she just gave her the skirt in a bag and I kid you not, the first words out of her mouth were, 'I'm gonna be in a Britney Spears video?' It was priceless."

I walked out in my jeans and jumper that I had stuffed in my backpack. "Alright then, let's go meet your friends I have never heard about before."

When we got to the pub, Colin and Finn were there with 2 other girls. "Right so, Sierra, the blonde is Steph, the redhead is Rosemary. To give you a little background info, they're both in the LDB, Finn wants to get in Rose's pants, and Colin wants to get in Steph's."

"Neither of them succeeded though." Steph piped up. "Hey, you're Sierra right? The boys never shut up about you. It's nice to meet the girl who tamed our playboy's heart."

"We need to give you a nickname." Rosemary said after looking at me for a minute. "Uh what?" I laughed. "Hmm, let's see. Sierra, Si, Erra, Rara, Si si! That settles it, we'll call you Cece."

"OK then."

"Rose is the chief of nicknames. She has yet to meet anyone she can't find an appropriate nickname for." Steph then turned to Rosemary. "Do you remember Oshikwana?" Rose's eyes lit up. "Oshki!" She turned back to me. "When we went to Nigeria we met this guy called Oshikwana, he didn't speak a word of English but he was totally in love with Rose. The poor girl hasn't been able to have a moment of peace since Finn discovered his love of redheads on their trip recently."

"Oh god, sorry about that Rose, but I actually might have contributed to Finn discovering the joys of red heads."

"No way! How?"

"Well, we were at a club in London and Logan and I were trying to makeout and dance, but Finn was having no luck with any of the blonde bimbos so I pointed out a redhead waitress to him and told him to try his luck with a redhead, because they were fiery in bed. I have no idea if that's actually true, but I wanted him off my back and it worked, because they hooked up and he proclaimed to all of London that he had made the genius discovery that redheads are the best in the bedroom. It was so funny, and one guy called the police for noise control."

All throughout the story, the girls were giggling and burst into full out laughter by the time I'd finished. "Well, I'll try not to hold it against you." Then, Logan came over and asked what was so funny. "I'm just telling Rose and Steph about Finn in London with the waitress. Bella? Betty? Bethany! That was her name."

"Ah yes, the infamous Redhead Gate of 2003."

"You picked a good one, Logan. Cece is hilarious!"

He looked at me. "Cece?" I shrugged. "It's better than Erra."

"If you say so, babe. You want a drink?"

"Martini with a twist please, waiter." I kissed him. "You're wish is my command." Steph and Rose then dragged me over to a table to sit down. "So, Cece, what everyone is DYING to know, is how'd you get the biggest playboy of this generation to commit?"

I looked over at Logan at the bar. "I don't know, girls. I think I just got very lucky." I turned back to them and continued. "I mean, for the first week I thought he was just playing me, I knew he had a reputation and he's never had an actual girlfriend. But, then he actually asked me to be his girlfriend and I couldn't say no. He's so sweet and kind and he's always looking out for me." I checked my watch and saw I still had ages before I had to go.

After I finished my martini, Logan came over again to say were going to start the meeting in another room. The girls and I grabbed our drinks and went over to the back room for the LDB meeting. Logan was standing at the front with Finn and Colin on either side.

"Alright, the next party is a week from Tuesday, the theme is Greek. So it will be at the usual place, you've each been assigned a character, please find your name on the sheet being passed around. Now, for our main event, we are doing a bunjee jump off off the bridge by our hang out. As usual, we're testing it with potatoes and there will be 8 people jumping at a time. Everything else is as normal, the cars will be collecting everyone at different times, please be there on time or your car will leave without you. Any questions?"

No one said anything and so the meeting was adjourned, while everyone scrambled to see who they got. I looked at the clock on the wall, and saw I was gonna be late for dinner if I didn't leave now. "Logan, I gotta get to dinner." He nodded and walked out with me. I called Grandma from the car to tell her I was gonna be a little late.

"Hey Queenie?" I looked at him. "Yeah, Sherlock?"

"Do you wanna make this a regular thing? I'll pick you up from school on a Friday, you come hang out with us and I'll drop you back."

"I'd like that." We pulled up to my Grandma's and I kissed him goodnight.