Chapter 18

Ben was hanging out in the hangout room with Captain Marvel, with Ship by his feet chewing on his chew toy. Captain Marvel was watching the news, and keeping an eye on the trucks with the android with Ben while he was throwing a baseball up and down.

    "You good Omni?" Captain Marvel asks noticing his friend's disturbance.

   "Yeah. Just wish I was with everyone and could get in on the action." Ben made something up

   "Omni, I don't think that's it. There's something else that's bothering you, what is it?" Captain Marvel asks knowing Ben's move.

   He sighs. "Batman wants me to think about joining the team." He admits

   "That's amazing Omni! I bet it's going to be so much more fun then here." Captain Marvel says but then sees Ben's confusion. "Why don't you want to join them?"

   "It's not that I don't want to it's just, it's only been a year since my friends and family and I still get nightmares about them. I mean I failed them, i wasn't able to save them. I mean, hanging out with kids my age might be good for my mental health but...what if I'm not what they expected? What if I can't save them?" Ben vents to Captain Marvel

   "Omni, you didn't fail anybody. People look up to you, and it would be good for your mental health. Batman wouldn't ask you to join the team if he didn't think you weren't ready." Captain Marvel tried to comfort him

   A beeping sound started to beep from the computers. The rushed over, to the computers to see what's happening. When they look at the cameras, they see robot monkeys attacking the trucks where the androids are stored.
————————————————————

On the roof of the car, Superboy takes off his helmet and uses it to destroy two monkeys in rapid succession as they try to jump him. A monkey before him jumps, only to get its arms ripped off, but three monkeys jump on his turned back.

Robin kicks another off the door and uses a Batarang to destroy the head of one of the ones that using laser eyes to cut through the armored door. Throwing it to the side and off the road to ensure that it's totally destroyed. Even taking out one of the ones that are flying after them.

Using the open space the drone fills it immediately and starts firing lasers. Destroying one right before it would've reached Robin. Only to be taken out by two monkeys.

On the roof, Superboy knocks the three monkeys off his back, his fist crushing the body of the one he ripped the arms off of. Punching another that jumps at him from the front to his back two more rise to his level. Distracted by the sound the head of the one he's crushing turns and shoots lasers at his eyes.

Due to his enhanced sight, it burns intensely, giving four monkeys the opportunity to pick him up without a fight, then drop him to the ground. His eyes still closed he wavers as he gets back to his feet. Opening his eyes proves useless since he can't see a thing. Closing them and calming he uses his hearing to listen to where the monkeys are in location to himself. Then jumping right for it.

Aqualad pulls on the handle of his bike, which is actually his water-bearer to form a whip and take out two of the monkeys that couldn't get out of the way fast enough. Instead, the monkeys drop back and go for Miss Martian and Kid Flash's motorcycles. Using her telekinesis she finds and opening and flies to the truck. While Kid Flash fights for control a minute longer before he jumps off his motorcycle and begins to run to catch up with the truck.

The driver's managing to keep them in their lane, but is totally freaking out. "S-somebody, help!" he cries.

While on the roof of the truck two of the use their laser eyes to create a way into the truck. Cutting far enough that they can slip inside, they stop and one grabs the now curling edge pulling it back to reveal two armed guards. They release a barrage of bullets at the mass of robots, only managing to hit one of them. Five remain on the roof, but as Miss Martian flies over them, she uses her telekinesis to knock them all off.