Chapter 24

Outside the Bialyan tent is twice as many soldiers as before.

Inside the tent, a mechanical apparatus holds a large sphere in place. Electricity sparks as the sphere spins in front of the scientists who are taking notes. Off to the right of the sphere, Superboy is held against a metal table and is being subjected to electric shocks as well.

"Raise to shock level 4." one of the men says with a heavy accent.

The scientist before the control panel, with an outline of Superboy and three level readings, types a command onto the keyboard which raises the red, orange, and blue bars. Shocking Superboy once more, he groans and lets out small shouts of protest, but his eyes remain closed and he doesn't fight back strongly.

The sphere starts turning, bringing everyone's attention in the tent to that rather than Superboy. Psimon steps up, his hood up once more, his arms crossed and an almost smug look on his face. "Fascinating." he muses darkly.

"Du ra, vis ol may," Aqualad murmurs, his face scrunching up in pain as Robin, KF, Artemis, and Miss M nervously look him over for any physical damage. "Aga pa, olsey."

"I can't restore his memories in this state." M'gann tells the others.

"He needs immediate rehydration." Robin says sternly. "Call the BioShip."

"It's out of range." Miss M says instantly, then looks to KF. "You can get him there quickly."

"He's too heavy, and I'm too low on fuel." Kid says almost breathlessly. "Right now, I couldn't even carry her." he gestures to Artemis with his thumb.

Artemis pushes it away with a scoff, looking at Miss M. "Why not just levitate him back?"

Miss M sets the once-again-unconscious Aqualad back down. "I can't I have to find Superboy." she says, standing up, facing down Artemis. "Six months ago he didn't exist, just animal impulse, I'm the only one who can help him."

Superboy's indestructible, just ask those tanks." Kid points out. "It's Aqualad who needs your help- like- now."

M'gann clutches her head as an image of Superboy being electrocuted surfaces.

"No!" she shouts. "Superboy's in pain." she takes off with nothing else on her mind.

"M'gann wait!" Artemis yells after the martian.

"We still don't know what erased our memories!" Robin calls after her. "It could happen again!"

Miss Martian flies off, not even listening. Though she does turn on her camouflage herself before she reaches the crest of the hill that is the last thing she remembers. Barely even slowing she flies to the door flaps of the tent.

"Ugh, fine I'll go it, I can turn into an alien with super speed." Omni-X said. Ben slams on his wrist and turns into Xlr8.

He picks up Aqualad. Ship turns into a plane and the other three get inside. They run or fly off, with Robin putting in the directions in Ship and Xlr8 follows Ship.

Pulling the right flap open slightly she can hear some whir and buzz, seeing the source to be the sphere that is now spinning slowly. She hears some grunting that takes her attention, seeing Superboy being electrocuted.

The scientists before Superboy continue to take down notes, his eyes going wide as he notices the small ripple from M'gann's camouflaged form. She reaches down and pulls him forward, going behind the second scientist's shoulder and using her telekinesis to push him away from the control panel. Turning off the power.

"Well, someone's certainly a glutton for punishment." Psimon chuckles. He pulls his hood down, revealing the rest of his clear skull and brain. "Psimon says... forget."