Chapter 40

The sun started to go down so the team tapped on their chests and went into camouflage mode. They jumped up to the rooftops, and falling to their stomachs went the group looks around.

The group of four knew someone was following them but they had no idea who, but they had a guess.

Rook nodded to Helen to search the area.

She ran at the speed of light. She stopped at the rooftop where the team was hiding.

They turned their heads and faced Helen. She looked down at them, slightly upset that they're following them.

"Hey there beautiful." Wally stood up, running up to her and putting his elbow on her shoulder.

Helen slapped his head, and pushing him away.

Manny threw Cooper up onto the rooftop before he went up there himself. Rook jumped up to the rooftop where the others are. Azmuth was on Room's shoulder.

"What are they doing here?" Azmuth asked.

"We want to help." Kaldur said, standing up from his laying down position.

"No." Rook said without thinking about it.

"We're not asking." Connor argued back.

"This has nothing to do with you guys." Rook spoke back.

"It does since this involves Omni-X." Connor said.

"You don't even know his real name." Rook continued to argue with him.

"We know enough about him. And you guys don't know this world like we do." Connor said.

"That's enough you guys." Ben said, in his JetRay form.

He transformed back into his human form. "You all are my friends, and I'm glad you guys want to help me but you guys sent ready to take on this many strong people." He said to the young Justice team.

"Didn't you start fighting since you were 10 years old?" Robin questioned him. "You can't stop us Ben. We're going to help you no matter what."

"And if the Bats gets mad we'll take all the blame for us being here." Wally said.

Ben could see the determination in their eyes. He looks over to the group who didn't want them to join.

"Fine you guys can come, BUT, you leave Michal, Chadwick, and Reiny to us. You can only fight the weaker ones." Ben said, being very serious at the last part.

The team smiled and nodded their heads in understanding.

Ben jumped down from the rooftop and began walking to where they are hiding. Rook and the others from his world walk up to Ben.

"It's not a good idea bringing them along." Rook said.

"You don't know them like I do." Ben said.

"We don't need their punt help, they'll just get in the way. We can do this ourselves." Manny said, punching his hands.

Ben turned around facing him. "Connor can fight you hand to hand, and with him getting serious, he could probably beat you. I've already decided that there joint is so that's finial." Ben said, anger coming out of his voice.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Before Ben met up with the others:

"Who are they?" Batman asked.

"My friends that I worked with in my world." He said.

"You shouldn't trust them just yet." Batman said.

"Ands whys that?" Ben asked.

"They just showed up out of nowhere all of a sudden. How do you know they didn't go to the dark side after all those years of you being here?" Superman argued.

"I know them, and they wouldn't do that. You don't know them like I do." Ben said.

"Ben, we just want to help you." Wonder Woman said, reaching her hands out to him.

"No! I don't want your help. And I don't appreciate you telling them that I'm no longer apart of the Plumbers. I worked hard to be apart of the Plumbers, just because I've been living here doesn't mean you can decide my future for me."

"Ben, choose who you trust carefully or..." Flash said.

"Or what? Your going to label me as a traitor for wanting to help my people like what you did to Hawkgirl?!" He questioned them, bringing her up.

The league stood in silence.

"Hawkgirl wanted to save her people from extinction and the only way for her to do that was by sacrificing this planet she had no connection with, but when it mattered most she came back here and you still didn't trust her and forced her to leave!" Ben exclaimed. "Will you do that to me too?"

Ben turned his back to them and ran off. He jumped onto the zeta tubes while transforming into JetRay, to catch up with the others.

The league just stood there silent.

"What should we do now?" Flash asked.

"You heard him. He doesn't need our help." Batman said. He walked away from the group and headed to the main control center.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
The group arrived to the building, where they can hear an alien language.

Ben and his group knew right away that they were in the right location.

Ben looked through the window. He saw Reiny commanding the Dnaliens but didn't see the other two.

"It's just the Dnaliens and Reiny in there. The others might be hiding somewhere else, around here." Ben whispered to them.

"Just say the word and let me go beat there asses." Manny said.

"Ok, Manny, Helen, Connor, and Artemis, you'll go in there and beat them. I want Robin, KF, Cooper and Azmuth to take care of the Forever Knights. The rest of us will deal with Michal and his rock gollum army." Ben explained a better made plan to them.

They nodded their heads in understanding.

"Actually Azmuth isn't here with us. He kinda disappeared and went back to the base." Cooper informed Ben.

Ben sighed. "Alright, will you guys be fine without him?"

Robin, KF, and Cooper nodded their heads.

"And don't forget our deal." Ben said to the young justice.

"We know." They said.

They went there separate ways.

Manny and Connor rushed into the building, eager to start fighting.

The other two teams had to figure out where there assigned bad guy was hiding.

Once they did figure it out, it was only a matter of how they were going to attack them that would give them a higher chance of winning.

Robin threw a flash grenade at the forever knights, giving KF the ability to attack them with out them being able to see him.

Gunshots started to erupt the place, the knights trying to attack the mysterious speedster. They attempted to use alien technology on the attackers but Cooper had already brought them over to him with his mind.

Kaldur and Megan rushed in and started to attack the small group of Dnaliens.

Rook went straight ahead to attack Kevin.

While Ben was heading straight for Michal, Gwen was standing in his way.

She started to attack him while Ben went into defense mode.

Megan rushed over to Ben's side, ignoring their deal and attacked Gwen. It was long enough for her to be distracted and Ben can rush over to Michal.

1171 words