Chapter Fourteen

** @WattpadGoT just included my story in their "Winter is Coming" reading list! Thanks a bunch to everyone!**

THE SEARING PAIN OF LOSING ROBB STARK HAD TURNED INTO A NUMB ACHE

It took months but Marina and Bran managed to pull themselves together, the eldest of the two a little better than the other.

Bran has been temperamental with anyone who says more than five words to him. He has argued and complained to everyone who would listen— and out of the four of them they've all taken what they could. Summer seems to be his only companion, a companion he takes advantage of while they travel.

Meera, Jojen and even Marina had made it clear that Bran could not continue to warg with Summer. Whatever kill that he managed to make as the direwolf did nothing for the human within a beast's mind. However Bran won't listen to reason. They had been running on fumes since they hadn't had time to stop for more than thirty minutes. Thanks to Bran and Summer's activities, Meera nor Marina had been able to hunt for food either.

On one fateful day while Meera had been distributing the last of their food, Marina tried to explain, once again, the dangers of merging with Summer. She explained that he was losing too much weight—more weight then considered normal given their circumstances— but what she said went in one ear and out the other. He rolled his eyes, snatched the piece of bread from Meera and rolled over.

A few days later, Marina had managed to catch two small rabbits. It wasn't enough for the entire group but they managed— although Bran had tried to warg into Hodor and take his piece of meat.

"That's enough Bran" she said after watching Bran successfully take Hodor's meal. "I don't know what's gotten into you but this needs to stop."

"This doesn't involve you, Marina." Bran grumbles, ripping a piece of meat off of the bone and stuffing it in his mouth. "Just leave me alone."

The woman rolled her eyes as she stood from her place on a log beside Jojen— who had fallen asleep after a rather nasty seizure he had during the day. They had made up camp when he began wheezing and moaning about how his limbs ache. The moon had long since settled into the sky, a tale sign that it was early into the night. As she passed Hodor, she offered her piece of bread to him, which he gladly took.

"It's not worth it" Meera mutters, looking up with tired brown eyes, pleading for the woman not to cause any problems.

The young girl had long since given up on Brandon after he had snapped at her one day. Jojen wasn't doing okay and she wanted to stop to rest, only Bran wasn't too keen on the idea. He told her that she was babying him and she made a remark on how everyone has to tend to him now that he can't use his legs.