Chapter 12

The first thing Omkara noticed when Karan walked towards them was that he held Gauri's hand in his while she walked behind him silently, not opposing his touch.

He wanted to peel the guy's hand off her but his brother managed to distract him when he called Pinky Oberoi into the hall along with the rest of the family.

Jhanvi who was just about to enter her room, came back listening to Shivaay's shouts and stood beside the family's matriarch, Kalyani Oberoi.

"Why are you shouting Shivaay?" Shakti asked his son.

"I will tell you papa. Let Mr. Vikram bring his fiancé to the hall," he said turning to his accomplice and gesturing him to do as asked.

Taking that as his cue, Karan nodded and went ahead to bring Anika into the scene.

"I will just come in a minute" Shivaay announced before he walked to his own room.

Omkara looked at Gauri, whose eyes anxiously followed Karan and knitted his eyebrows.

Did she know something he doesn't? Why is she looking worried?  What is he missing?... he pondered for a minute before turning to his youngest brother.

"Rudy" Omkara whispered to his brother.

"Hmm?"

"Did Shivaay take Vikram's name in my room?"

Rudra widened his eyes in realization, "No O, he called him Karan. Oh my God!! he knows the plan. But how?"

Omkara sighed returning his gaze to the tiny woman in the room. Rudra followed his brother's eyes and exclaimed, "Gauri Bhabhi ditched us? But why?"

"I have no idea Rudy. I just hope she did not tell him the truth."

"She doesn't know it herself O," Rudra reminded his brother.

"Then what is he up to? There was something definitely off with Shivaay when he talked to us upstairs. Did you not feel it?"

"I did but I thought that was because we did not support him."

"Me too, but he..."

Omkara was interrupted when Shivaay returned with a set of documents at the same time as Karan brought Anika to the place.

"Well, since everybody is here, let me make my first announcement," said Shivaay turning to his ex-wife.

"I congratulate you Anika, Vikram here said that you are okay to wed in the mansion in two days" he said with a genuine smile, emitting shocked gasps from the family members.

Anika sharply turned to Karan who beamed at her.

"He was being sweet and I couldn't say a no," he said shrugging his shoulders.

Rudra and Omkara silently watched their brother as he made the second announcement of the day.

"As a wedding gift, I hereby write my shares and properties to Anika, soon to be Mrs. Rathore," he said, dropping another bomb while the family stood dumbstruck.

Karan let the silence reign in the room for a while, he let the information sink into people's minds before he spoke his practiced dialogue.

"That was sweet and very gentlemanly of you Shivaay. I am very much pleased... The thing is..."

Pinky who returned to her senses quicker than the others, rushed to her son and took the papers from him.

"What nonsense did you just speak?" she uttered in rebuke.