Chapter 45

"How many days has it been since a girls' night out?" Anika asked her girl gang which consisted of herself, Gauri, Bhavya and Priyanka.

The four of them gathered in Shivika's room after the men left for work. Priyanka, Bhavya and Gauri were just making themselves comfortable in the room as Anika locked the door and walked to them.

"Ages," Bhavya exclaimed, smiling at the others.

"I declare that we are going to have our much needed gossip time tonight."

"Oh, night. Then should we go now and return at night Bhaujai?" Gauri asked.

"No, we are going to have the whole day to ourselves. Ditch your respective husbands for me."

"Sure," Priyanka readily agreed while Bhavya smirked looking at an anxious Gauri.

"May be we should give Gauri Bhabhi an exemption. Om bhaiyaa will not be very happy if..." she tried to save her when Anika cut her off.

"No exceptions. Prinku, take her phone and switch it off," she instructed and her orders were duly carried out by her partner in crime.

"Bhaujai, at least let me inform him," Gauri mumbled and got a glare in return.

"Where did he go with his boy squad to celebrate Prinku's good news yesterday?"

"He came back by evening Bhaujai."

"That is not the point. Did he take your permission before going? Shivaay ne to mujhe bataya hi nahi. Why are you being the ideal wife then? Don't let him take you for granted," Anika growled.

"Rightly said Anika Bhabhi, they have taken us for granted. I am the pregnant woman here but Ranveer shows more mood swings than me," she said in a sulking tone.

"They did tell us that they wanted to spend some Obro-time together, didn't they?" Gauri said.

"Exactly, so we will have our Obahu-time today."

"I am not an O-bahu, not yet. Rudra did not propose," Bhavya pointed out.

"Neither am I a bahu Bhavya," Priyanka smiled.

"Oh yeah, we are the only Obahus Gauri," Anika said the obvious, making her roll her eyes.

"I will inform him meri maa, don't make that face."

Having left with no other option Gauri sighed in give up.

"Great, so to start, how does it feel to be a mother," Anika asked Priyanka settling beside her on the bed.

Gauri and Bhavya who sat opposite to the pair on the couch, waited for the answer.

"I don't know. It feels nice, I guess," Priyanka said with a smile which did not reach her eyes.

The Obahus exchanged a look but Bhavya asked the next question.

"I thought you would say something like overwhelming and wonderful. The whole family made it a celebration yesterday."

"Sometimes, what everybody wants might not be what you want Bhavya."

"Kya matlab Priyanka, you do not..." Gauri asked in worry.

"No Bhabhi. I love my child but it is just that we did not plan this. Ranveer got over that fact the moment he knew that he is going to be a father but I am just taking time."

Gauri couldn't help the frown on her face as she couldn't fathom how a woman can have an issue with being a mother. She was about to voice out her thoughts when Anika squeezed her shoulder and gestured a no.