Chapter 26

"Mom," Rudra called her when he saw Jhanvi about to knock on his brother's door.

"What happened mom? I told you to rest."

"Is he okay?" she asked in a guilt ridden voice.

"I think so. I have been keeping watch for some time now and he didn't break anything. Chulbul Bhabhi is in there with him, he should be fine. You can see him tomorrow," he said and she nodded her head with a smile.

"When is that botox lomdi going out mom?"

"I don't know Rudy. Let us hope it is soon," she said before walking away.

As she passed the corridor to reach another room, she hesitated before entering. She knocked and when she got the permission, she entered it.

"Jhanvi, is Om okay?" Tej asked her and she scoffed.

"Very much worried. Aren't we?"

"Why do you say that. I always loved him Jhanvi and I....."

"Of course you love him. You just have a weird way of expressing it."

Tej sighed and said, "I have realized my mistake in trusting Svetlana. I promise I will never repeat it."

"I don't care who you trust or who you don't Tej. It is none of my business. I don't want my son's life to get affected anymore. After everything we put him through, he has finally found happiness now and I will do anything to keep it with him. Get him out of this mess soon."

"I want that too. I want him to be happy too and that is why..."

"What does she want?"

"She didn't tell me Jhanvi. She has just blackmailed me with the video saying she needs to talk to Omkara and for that she wants to stay here for a few days."

"What does she want to talk?"

"I have no idea."

"Urghhh... what is the use of all the power you say you have. Do something fast."

"I cannot. Until that video is with her, we have to agree to whatever she says."

"Then get that video from her."

"I am on it." he assured and she sighed helplessly.

***************************************************************************************************

"The story is about two sisters who were left by their parents, who were two against the whole world," she started and he listened.

"One of the girls was probably nine and the other girl was five in age. An orphanage provided them shelter and they thought that they were safe until they grow old enough to come out of the place. Little that they know that in a few months they would be separated forever," she said.

"The little girl had no memory of her parents but she remembered her sister being dragged away from her. She was so lost and unhappy that she cried for days but her adoptive parents loved her so much that she gradually began to like them. Today twenty years since that day, they are all that she has," Gauri completed.

"So, she doesn't know where her big sister is?" Omkara asked.

"No, Omkara ji. But she wishes to meet her one day."

The longingness in her voice was unmistakable and he knew she was talking about herself.

"Shouldn't she try and look for her?"

"Doesn't that mean ignoring her parent's love?"

"No Gauri. She can have both. Even her sister must be missing her. Don't you think?