Chapter 58

At the wash of the new light, Omkara opened his eyes, giving up his efforts to rest. Thoughts of the previous night plagued his mind and his wife sleepily mumbling him a sorry every few hours wasn't re-assuring.

Why was she so bothered?

It wasn't the first time that they slept without making love but he could feel that something was amiss by the way she reacted to him. He was so worried by her almost panic attack and he would be damned if he believed in her lie.

He looked down at his wife resting on his chest, her hair almost covering her face. Slightly moving her to the side, he brushed her hair away to get a clear view of her innocent face.

She seemed to be fast asleep, her eyes closed and unmoving, her body relaxed and pressed against him. Her plum lips were partly open and he could see the trace of drool which had left a wet patch on his night shirt.

Despite the tension in his heart, a smile broke out on his face and he loosened her hold on him, making her lie on the adjacent pillow. Unable to stop himself, he gently wiped her cheek and chin, all the time staring at her inviting lips.

Gauri's sleep was disrupted when a hand gently caressed her face. She frowned in her sleep and felt her husband's lips touch her forehead. Slowly rubbing her eyes, she opened them to look at her man smiling down at her.

"Good morning," she greeted him with a bright smile and he chuckled.

"You sleep like a baby," he replied and bent down to peck her lips.

His wife on the other hand tricked him into a proper kiss, her hands winding around his neck and fingers messing up his hair as encouragement.

Omkara was pleasantly surprised by the invite. When he leaned in, he was expecting a reaction similar to the one he witnessed last night. In fact, he was preparing himself to properly question her when she closed her lips on his.

His body gave in without complaint though his mind was still in chaos.

Was he overthinking?

Gauri parted from the sensuous kiss and gazed into her husband's chocolate brown eyes. Cupping his face, she brought it nearer and kissed his eyelids.

"I love you," she told him.

He remained silent and unmoving, his eyes boring into hers.

"Is everything okay?" he asked after the pause.

She smiled and looked away, nodding her head in a yes.

Omkara was disappointed but he tried not to show it on his face.

"Let us get ready for the day," he mumbled and moved away.

Gauri corrected her clothes and sat on the bed while her husband got down. He headed towards the cupboard for a fresh set of clothes and turned around.

"Do you want to go in first? Mithila ji told me that you have an early class today."

It was then that Gauri realized that she was to go to college. It will be the first time that she would be revisiting the place after the terror she experienced few nights ago.

Was she even ready for it?

How was she supposed to explain it to her husband?

"Gauri?" Omkara loudly called her a second time, making her jump in her place.

"What happened? You have been staring since the last few minutes."

"I..." she tried to think of any viable explanation.