Chapter 68

Gauri in conversation with Himani and Mithila over the phone.

"If I were you, I too wouldn't have liked the idea of sending my husband to his ex-fiancé/leech but I understand Omkara's concern for you," Himani said, making Gauri huff in annoyance.

"Not you too."

"She is right Gauri. We do not doubt your courage but we also believe in your family's decision," Mithila seconded.

Recently, everybody seemed to side with her husband and lecture her on safety. More so, made her understand her husband's love as if she wasn't aware of the fact.

"Of course I understand his concern Mithila ji but I just can't deal with my worry. That woman is outrightly shameless and disgusting."

Her friends hummed their response and she sighed at her own helplessness.

"Didn't Girish contact you again? You were to talk to your father-in-law and get that password, right?"

"Not yet. I guess Karan is keeping him busy with petty troubles. I heard he changed his current sanctuary and shifted to another warehouse, taking Shukla uncle along."

"This Karan seems to be smart. He is very cautious about this phone call too. We were worried for you and wanted to talk to you. Only after Arjun sir had strongly convinced Karan, he gave us access to this secure line."

"Yes, we have to be careful. Our phone numbers are being tracked and we cannot risk anything at this point."

"Hmm. Can we be of any help?" asked Mithila.

"Yeah, I seriously miss action after Sonali's episode," Himani smirked earning a nudge from the former.

Gauri thought for a second.

Can Ajay be of help?

But wouldn't that be dangerous?

What if he gets to know of their snooping and everything backfires?

But it is worth a try. Shouldn't she be of some help?

"I was thinking of the same thing," Himani's response made her realize that she spoke out loud.

"What?"

"That Ajay might be of some help. We can try Sonali's end and get something. We are the most unsuspecting party here. Just let us..."

"No Himani. I cannot put you into danger too."

"It is no risk Gauri," Mithila assured her friend.

"We promise that we will be discreet. Just a stone and if it doesn't hit the target, we will leave it there."

"But..."

"Wish us good luck my dear. We will get back to you soon."

Before Gauri shook her head in a no, they bid her a bye.

************************************************************

Oberoi Mansion study,

Anika along with the three brothers sat in front of the big screen, in talks with Karan.

"As I told you before, Svetlana's father was a victim of the Kalyani mills accident. My recent investigation tells me that her father might be Nitesh Kapoor."

"Nitesh Kapoor?" Shivaay said, trying to remember the seemingly familiar name.

""Yeah, your thinking is right. The same Nitesh Kapoor who suggested Tej Oberoi to start the fire to claim the insurance."