Chapter 30

"Are you sure?" Gauri helplessly asked the security in charge of the CCTVs in the mansion.

"Yes madam, I am sorry that this was not rectified sooner."

"How can you be this careless? A CCTV stopped working a week ago and the problem isn't corrected yet? What if something happens in the meanwhile?" she asked him angrily.

"I am on it madam. By today the work will be done."

"Is there any chance that I can get the footage of the day I mentioned?"

"No madam. The problem was with the camera recording. The lens was damaged and the technician could not arrange the spare part. That is the reason we got delayed," he explained.

Gauri sighed defeated as she walked out of the cabin not before instructing him to keep silence on her enquiry.

She had been wanting to go and check the footage since the previous day but was held up with the pooja and the drama that followed.

So, she made a point that she would do it first thing in the morning before the house got more active, to avoid giving reasons to people as to why she was interested in checking a video footage rather than attending to her morning prayers.

With a disappointed heart, she arranged her pooja plate and walked towards the mandir to ask her deity to help her in some way.

The only choice left was to ask the security head Khanna if he can supply a solution but she was afraid that the man was too loyal to Shivaay. A small doubt of her would lead to a big misunderstanding which she didn't need right then.

************************************************************************

"How did you get it?" Karan asked taking the pen drive from Svetlana.

"The Oberois have enough internal conflicts that they don't need people out of their family to hurt them," she said smiling.

"Ahh, Pinky Oberoi helped you?"

"I just had to lure her saying I will stop Anika's marriage with Shivaay."

"How?"

"Sahil is the key," she said and he glared at her.

"I told you I will not be a part of this if any innocent is harmed."

"He will be kidnapped and nothing more. In few days, he will reach Anika. Don't fret over it Karan."

Karan closed his eyes and turned away, his mind still screaming that what he intends to do is wrong.

Svetlana neared him and squeezed his shoulder, "Don't you want to know what happened to your father? We need to know what is in those tapes."

"Your father served the Oberois all his life and when he was in need, none of them looked out for him. Don't you want to know what video tapes he was entrusted with?" She coaxed him.

"Believe me when I say I can relate to your pain Karan, I lost my father to these selfish people. My entire life I had only one goal in my life and that is Oberois' destruction."

"Sadly, that is not my goal sweety. That is not how things are done. You cannot punish everybody for the mistake of one."

"I see that you have developed a liking to the Oberois. Is it for Gauri?" She smirked.

"We are not exactly best friends sweety. I don't need to tell you everything now."

"No, but we are working together. I want to know where we stand."

"As I told you before, I want evidence first which proves that it is Tej Singh Oberoi who hurt my father. Once I get it, I will help you in destroying him and him alone. The younger ones are not even aware of what happened. I am not going to go barbaric in punishing them for no fault of them," he stood his stand.

My Nepentheजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें