Chapter 57

Unedited****

*************

Mithila came out her room and looked the couple happily hugging each other, lost in their own world. Truth to be told, she never found them to be the ideal couple unlike what everyone else thought.

With the heap of insecurities and piles of secrets they kept from each other, they could have withered away if not for the sacred bond which tied them together.

At times like these, she believed in destiny. There must be a Supreme entity which time and again gave them problems which they fought together and strengthened their ship.

It was evident they loved each other and she only wished that love is sufficient to overcome the new obstacle which came their way.

She cleared her throat loudly and chuckled when she got the desired effect.

"Hi," Omkara greeted her with a friendly smile and she wished him back ignoring the blushing friend.

"I will take her home," she heard him say.

"Of course, she is all yours," said Mithila in a teasing tone and Omkara fueled her.

"Yup, all mine," he said pecking his wife's cheek making her glare at him for teaming up with her friend and adding to the embarrassment.

"I will get the children," said Mithila and the couple agreed to say a bye to the two before they went home.

**********************************************************************************

"Sir I swear I was right here in front of the door. I don't understand how they took him away," the constable shivered with fear.

Karan wanted to kill somebody right at that moment but he could only manage to growl.

"You had to protect one patient and you couldn't do that. Just resign and do some other job which requires less vigilance and gives you more sleeping hours," he hollered.

"Karan, they were quick. It is not his fault," Sandeep, his colleague tried to calm him down.

"That does not justify the fact that my father was abducted under his watch," he screamed in anger.

"What is happening? Sandeep," they heard the commissioner's call.

They turned around and promptly saluted while the senior nodded, asking them to stand at ease.

"Sir, Karan's father is missing," Sandeep tried to explain when Karan cut him off.

"He is kidnapped Sir, the very thing I feared would happen if I am not there by his side."

"Who was the officer in charge," asked the commissioner and the constable burst into tears.

"Sandeep, take him away," the order came swiftly.

"Sir, if I may ask. Is this the kind of security you offer me?" Karan said unable to reign his temper.

"I understand your concern Karan but..."

"No sir, you don't understand. I pleaded you let me stay for two days and then go to Delhi since there was no emergency there. You assured me saying that you will appoint trustworthy people to guard my father. Looking at that guy weeping, I seriously doubt your judgement."

The commissioner glared at the insult.

"Check your tongue young man. You don't talk to your senior this way."

"I trusted you sir. I do not know in what state my father is right now. Do you have an answer to that?"

The head of department was about to open his mouth when a voice stopped him.