THE PEOPLE LOOK LIKE FLOWERS - CHARLES BUKOWSKI

Dear "A,"

I've had some pretty weird experiences, but this really takes the cake. I'm writing a note to someone who I don't even know who has extremely questionable taste in literature. Bashing Kerouac? You can't get much lower. Also, what's all this with no names? Honestly, I get the whole "You've Got Mail" aspect of it, but that doesn't seem to be the case... 

I mean is your name really that embarrassing? Because I promise I won't make fun of you. Or at least, not to your face.

I'm still not over the whole "god forbid for pleasure" part of your note. Kerouac's a genius and anyone who says otherwise is kidding themselves.

Even though I may not like your literary choices, believe it or not, I need a friend too. One who doesn't have expectations of me and who doesn't see me as the typical stereotype. 

I'm leaving this in The People Look Like Flowers because even though Sifting Through the Madness for the Word, the Line, the Way is probably known as Bukowski's worst book, I hated this one. But I love Bukowski. He's a genius. 

Time for me to make my own rules:

1. No names, but honestly choose something better than "A." It sounds like you're about to start the alphabet or something. 

2. No judgment unless it's about the book or author choice.

3. You have to answer at least five of the questions below so I can know at least something about you. I'll answer too. 

a. Gender? (Male)

b. Age? (16)

c. Favorite color? (Blue)

d. Favorite author? (I think that's clear from the book choice)

e. Favorite book? (On the Road or The Sun Also Rises)

f. Favorite album? (The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars)

g. Favorite artist? (I don't know if it wasn't clear enough from the choice above but David Bowie)

That's all I can think of for now. Leave your reply in your least favorite author's best book.

Yours,

Z

(P.S. If you're so inclined to start the alphabet, then I'll end it.)