WUTHERING HEIGHTS - EMILY BRONTE

Dear Rhiannon, 

Fourth note in and you already messed it up. You forgot to say where to put the note, so I took a gamble and chose your favorite, no matter how dry the writing actually is. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I hope you find it. I'm becoming a lot more invested with every note I get (which, to be fair, is only two but that's beside the point). 

I'm blocking out everything you're saying about Bukowski and Kerouac because those opinions of yours are probably the only thing so far I don't like about you. Don't let that get to your head.

And yes, Conrad is self-explanatory. No one likes racists.  

I like the name Bowie. It's a compliment in my eyes, so I hope you like the name I chose for you. If you're a Fleetwood Mac fan like you said you were, you'll understand. It's the first I could think of and I happen to think the two of you (song Rhiannon and letter Rhiannon) share a lot of the same qualities. 

Under the guise of getting to know you better (and absolutely not judging you for your responses), I think a game of this or that is in order. Just underline the one you like better, no reason why. That way there'll be more conversation topics for future letters, given that you fail to ask many questions.

Agatha Christie or Arthur Conan Doyle?

Hemingway or Fitzgerald?

Tolstoy or Dostoevsky?

Jane Eyre or Elizabeth Bennet?

Heathcliff or Mr. Knightley?

This Side of Paradise or the Beautiful and Damned?

Harry Potter or Ron Weasley? (side note, what house are you in?)

Feel free to add more if you think of any.

Put your next note in a banned book that is restricted for what you think is the most laughable reason.

Yours truly,

Bowie