HEART OF DARKNESS - JOSEPH CONRAD

Dear "Z,"

I think Conrad is self-explanatory.

I can't believe Bukowski is your favorite author. Out of all of the people who have written beautiful classics like Wuthering Heights, Pride and Prejudice, Slaughterhouse-Five, 1984... and you choose Bukowski. Typical boy, I guess. For someone who doesn't want to live up to a stereotype, you certainly are fitting it now. Especially when you read Kerouac for pleasure.

As for the "You've Got Mail" reference, I can tell you right now that this isn't romantic whatsoever and never will be. It's just two lonely people with an appreciation for literature talking through notes who don't know each other's names. 

And I agree, we need nicknames. I didn't expect my note to even be found, so I just went with something simple. I'll give you the chance to make up mine based on my answers to your questions, but I think I'll call you Bowie. My name isn't embarrassing, thank you very much, but as soon as you hear it you'll match a face to a name and you'll never think of me the same way again. So I'd rather keep this anonymous. 

I'll play by your rules as long as you play by mine. I'm just going to add one more. 

No trying to find out the other's identity. 

As for the questions...

a. Gender: female

b. Age: 16

c. Favorite color: yellow

d. Favorite author: Jane Austen

e. Favorite book: Wuthering Heights

f. Favorite album: Rumours

g. Favorite artist: Fleetwood Mac (obviously)

Even though you have no taste in books, I'll admit I like your taste in music. And movies.

Who knows? This could be the start of a beautiful friendship.

Yours,

A