05

Ellie was super hyped for the next wrestling match, but I didn't feel like going. It was overpriced and I didn't want to see anyone punched to blood and meat again.

In the midst of her fangirling, I noticed Ellie's eyes widen. "Ellie? What's wrong?"

"He's here." She whispered, excitement evident in her tone.

"Who?" I followed her gaze, half expecting Ace Hendricks to walk through the front doors.

Ugh. Nope. It was him.

"Cher, please seat him." Ellie pleaded.

"But you're on seating duty!" I objected.

"I know that!" She nodded frantically. "But he's way too good looking, I'll puke if I get close to him!"

"Ellie! I don't like him!"

She pouted at me. "I'll take your washing shifts for a week."

I mean, I did despise washing the dishes...

"For two weeks."

"Deal." She gave me a tight embrace before scurrying to the back of the restaurant.

Shaking my head at her, I wiped my hands on a clean cloth before heading to the front of the restaurant.

I watched as Greek Salad stepped forward, head tilted downwards.

He was dressed in a semi-formal outfit, the restaurant's standards.

I let out a controlled breath. I did not want to be nice to him. "Welcome to Mastro's. Name?"

The restaurant was extremely high-end and only took reservations for lunch and dinner dine-ins. The bar was walk-in but only after six in the evening. We also had coffee and breakfast burgers available through walk-in before noon.

"Davenport." He replied. He was too busy scrolling through his cell to realize it was me.

Davenport. I echoed in my mind.

Cool last name... for an asshole.

I pulled up his reservation, it was a table for two.

Aw. Poor Ellie's heart would be crushed when she found out Greek Salad was taken.

"Right this way."

I led Greek Salad to two seats located near the back of the restaurant.

"Could I get you something to drink, before you order?" I asked as I placed two menus on the table.

"Water is fine." He replied, barely glancing up at me, still busy scrolling on his phone.

"Iced?"

"Sure." He muttered, dismissal evident in his tone.

I hate you. I hate you. I hate you.

I headed to the kitchen, grabbing two glasses, filling them with ice and water before returning to Greek Salad's table.

He didn't offer any thanks as I placed the glasses in front of him.

"Just wave your hand when you're ready to order."

No response.

I stalked off, annoyed.

"How'd it go?" Ellie whispered from the cash register. "Is he still a prick?"

"Yeah, he has no manners, but it's nothing we aren't used to." I sent invisible daggers to Greek Salad's head. "I don't think he even recognized me."