28

"What?" My mouth fell open.

No way. No.

Dallas nodded. "Yeah. Well--" He shrugged, "Half brother. Different fathers, hence the different last names. But he's still my brother"

"No, I'm sorry, but WHAT?"  I was in shock. Actual shock.

When did my life turn into that of Elena Gilbert's? 

Guess I now had my very own Stefan and Damon.

Dallas looked at me all smug. "Told you you'd rethink things."

I shook my head in absolute bewilderment. "How do I know you're not lying right now?"

He scowled. "I wouldn't lie about being related to that git."

"You should've told me before." I scolded.

Dallas glared at me. "I didn't know you were going out with him."

He wasn't wrong.

"Thanks, I guess, for telling me now."

He nodded, "I'm going to get you some ice." He stood up. "His fans really roughed you up."

I glanced at myself in the mirror once more. The bruises were turning a dark shade of blue. Gah.

Dallas returned moments later with a pack of frozen peas, handing it to me. "I suggest you stay away from Ace, he's bad news."

"You can't tell me who I should and shouldn't hang out with," I argued, pressing the peas to my jaw.

"You're right, I can't." He shrugged. "But, I told you Tyler was bad news, so maybe think about that."

He turned to leave. I grabbed his arm. "Wait! You can't just leave after dropping a bomb on me! Are you crazy? I have so many questions right now!"

Dallas sighed, "I'm going to be late for work."

"Okay, one question right now. Is Bella your sister or Ace's?"

"How do you know Bella?"

"I met her through Ace."

"She's my half-sister." He responded.

And with that, he left, leaving me as confused as ever.

* * *

An hour later, once I'd iced my whole face as well as my ribs, I was still in shock.

I needed to talk to someone, if I didn't I knew I'd go insane. Right as I was about to call Ellie, I received a text from Veronica.

She asked me to come over to hers and Ellie's because we hadn't hung out in a while.

Agreeing, I left my apartment immediately. 

I didn't change my clothes, too lazy and sore to bother.

Veronica and Ellie didn't ask me anything about my bruises. Instead, they showed me a clip on Twitter of me on the floor of Mastro's shielding myself from the crazy fans.

The clip had hundreds of retweets and the comments were all making fun of me too.

How freaking embarrassing.

We spent the first hour of our hangout watching Netflix and eating popcorn, then, Veronica got a call from her boyfriend, Brad, and excused herself into her room.

Perfect for me.

I needed to talk to Ellie alone.

I knew I could trust her and I needed to get everything off my chest. I'd never told her anything about my past but I thought now was the time.