𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘦

monday 6:22 pm

tani sat shotgun with tendou, the two of them dancing and singing their hearts out to nostalgic songs as tooru leaned forward from his seat in the middle of the back to join in.

ushijima and iwaizumi cringed as tooru hyped himself up, not minding his own space and often bumping into the two more quiet, stoic personalities.

tendou arrived at the ice cream stand, and everyone piled out of the car.

tooru and tendou immediately saw a group of pretty girls and decided to go talk to them, iwaizumi following along to keep them in check.

tani rolled her eyes, scoffing at her brother's antics.

"and you'd think that the fact that his girlfriend broke up with him last week would keep him from already hitting on those girls," tani chuckled, watching her brother and the others approach the girls.

ushijima looked down at the girl standing next to him as she grinned.

"he had a girlfriend?" he asked.

"believe it or not, yeah," tani shook her head, remembering the girl. "i didn't see her much and they didn't last long, but he seemed to really like her."

"he doesn't really seem like the type to commit to a person," wakatoshi bluntly said, making tani chuckle again.

"yeah, well, that's true, i mean the only things he's really stuck with for a long time have been volleyball and iwa. it's funny, our mom used to put the two of us into all kinds of different sports when we were kids, and he would quit every single one after like, a week tops, because of one reason or another," tani said, recalling her childhood memories with her brother.

she continued, "i mean, he'd hate it because he wasn't immediately amazing at it, or he didn't like the team, or the coach... but volleyball; that's the one he decided to love and i'm so proud of him that he's become so great at it and stuck with it. as for iwa, well, the two of them have always been tight. i always felt jealous because i was the third wheel between the two of them and i'd feel like the annoying little sister when i asked to hang out with them, even though i'm actually the older one," tani smirked, earning a small smile from ushijima.

"you do seem like the older one. you seem more mature, but also energetic at the same time. i think your brother is lucky to have you in his life," ushijima honestly spoke, making tani blush.

"you really think so?" tani asked, earning a nod from him.

she paused, before saying, "i mean, ever since we were younger it's been the two of us since our mom is away a lot, but it's only made us closer. and i'm really glad i have such a good relationship with him, i think he really needs a good support system since his judgement can get a bit clouded sometimes."

"what do you mean?" ushijima asked, half curious about tooru but half just wanting to hear her speak more about herself and her life.

"he would kill me if he knew i was talking about him like this, but he really has trouble with comparison and it makes him more competitive, which is a good thing to an extent, but sometimes it gets out of hand. i mean, sometimes it gets to the point where i have to watch his nutrition, grades, health, and make sure he doesn't overwork himself because he gets too carried away with trying to improve himself at volleyball that he starts to neglect them," she said, her eyes traveling back to her brother who was laughing and smiling charmingly at the girls.