𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯

wednesday 6:20 am

tani was the first to wake due to her brother's loud singing voice in the shower. her eyes slowly opened as she arrived back to reality out of her dreams. she saw her phone propped against the lamp on her bedside table, still on facetime with ushijima.

a small smile appeared on her face as she admired him in such a peaceful state, and she reached over to mute herself on her end so she wouldn't accidentally wake him up while she got ready.

about ten minutes later, she heard ringing from an alarm clock, and her eyes darted back over to her phone, where ushijima was finally waking up.

he silenced the obnoxious sound with a groan, forgetting he was still on the phone with tani until he caught a view of her empty bed on the other end of the call.

tani walked over and picked up her phone, running a hairbrush through her unruly hair and unmuting her end.

"good morning!" she smiled, her voice cheery.

"morning," he said back, grabbing his phone and sitting up in his bed. he furrowed his eyebrows at a sound in the background. "is that... oikawa singing?" he asked.

tani rolled her eyes, a giggle escaping her lips. "yeah, he's literally tone-deaf, but he does it every morning. at this point i don't even need to set an alarm, his voice is so disturbing it wakes me up anyways," she sighed, a small smile on her face.

"it sounds like he's dying," ushijima commented, to which tani bursted out laughing.

"it does! it really does!" she laughed.

"how do you put up with that?" ushijima smiled.

"honestly, i don't even know. it's just so funny at this point that it doesn't even annoy me anymore. the amount of blackmail i have on him is so worth it," tani picked out her uniform from her closet. "i'm changing, one sec," she chuckled, flipping the phone over on its face so that all he could see on the other end was a black screen.

ushijima took the opportunity to change into his own school uniform, making sure he was out of frame too. "okay, me too," he said.

once she was done, she picked her phone back up and grabbed her bag, taking one last look in the mirror and heading downstairs for breakfast.

when ushijima came back into frame, he was
in the bathroom, brushing his teeth.

tani noticed and smiled to herself, happy she could see another side of him that wasn't just a volleyball player, but one that was real, and allowed her to see more about him— what he does and how he acts— in his personal life.

she started on her eggs, making sure to make some spare for her brother.

the two did their own things, not talking but just enjoying each other's company, even if it was through a phone screen.

tooru appeared in the doorway of the kitchen. "mornin' sis," he said with a smile. "eggs today?"

"morning! and yep," she responded.

ushijima overheard the encounter while he packed his volleyball bag. a quiet zipping sound came from tani's phone as he zipped his bag up. tooru heard it and furrowed his brows, picking up her phone from the counter.