The First Move (3)

CH. 7

The First Move (3)

"Hange! Over here!" The blond teenager waved his hand giving a sign to Hange as he booked a table for the two of them.

Hange lifted her head as she walked to the designated table. On the table two curry rice were served. Erwin sat on the other side, observing Hange's amazed face when she saw the nice scenery. Hange sat down while keeping her eyes on the curry rice.

"Where have you been all my life..." She said as a teardrop builds up in the edge of her eye.

"If you're just gonna stare at it like that then.." Erwin teased as he took Hange's bowl of curry away from her, Hange stopped him. She held the other side of the bowl pulling it towards her.

"Hands off! It's mine!" She said, gritting her teeth.

"And I believe you have something that's mine?" Erwin asked.

Hange reached out to the pocket on her uniform, gently taking the box with the chemical substances inside. She gave it to Erwin.

"Nice doing business with you." Erwin said as he took the box carefully and placed it into his pockets.

"And again with that weird formal way of speaking you do..-" Hange commented.

"-You sure you're not part of a noble family or something?." She continued after having a spoon of curry.

"And you seem to have a big appetite since my first arrival, you're sure you're not part of the Brauss family or something?" Erwin chuckled.

"hmm.. fair point." Hange shrugged.

___

The rest of the day went by just like any other. There wasn't anything new or anything to pry on for Erwin. He got the chemical, now all he had to do is to make sure he held on to that chemical substance until he arrived home without anyone knowing. Everything went by as he planned to, nobody came to him nor Hange to ask about the matter. But ofcourse, he of all people knew that he shouldn't let his guard down. And turns out he was right, something did go off.

The bell rang, it was Erwin's and Hange's turn to clean up the class. After placing down their books on their locker, they head back to the class with two brooms each for their own. Usually Levi would join them but after a multiple times cleaning the class, the homeroom teacher thought that he over cleaned the class. And so the teacher wanted Levi to take a rest or do club activity right after class, she even made him assigned into one.

"Honestly I prefer cleaning with Levi." Hange said while sweeping the class.

"Hm? I thought you hated being judged over trivial matters such as cleaning." Erwin asked on the other side of the class.

"I mean he would nag, but hey sometimes he got so upset about how I clean things and decided to clean it up by himself! So mostly I don't do much." Hange said with a proud tone as if she found a cheat to a game.

"I can vividly imagine how upset he must be when he heard the news that he didn't get to clean with you anymore." Erwin said, Hange stopped and looked back at the man who was cleaning the chalkboard.

"And why do you think he'll be upset?"

"-I mean, I personally think he would be excited that he didn't have to keep up with me, the worst girl when it comes to cleaning." Hange scoffed.

"Exactly, that's why he would be upset." Erwin started.

"Because he doesn't trust you in this."