Chapter 18

I walked out of my law office along with Mr. Russo after signing a contract with him. We shook hands and laughed at a joke he cracked before he left. Now I was officially his attorney.

Michael Russo was a great company. He's good sense of humour combined with his charm and amiable personality made him an amazing person to be around, but his sharp mind, quick wit and shrewd buisness skills made him an excellent businessman. I already knew I was going to enjoy working with him.

As I saw Michael off, I caught Nathan glaring at me from the corner of my eye before he entered the conference room across from my office. He was here to sign the final contract of the merger with Mr Davis, which would take place in another five minutes.

The glass doors and walls of the firm gave little privacy and I was sure he had witnessed Michael and my exchange. Not that I was in any sense worried. Yes, Michael was flirting with me and I enjoyed it, but I would never let it go beyond that. But that was none of Nathan's business.

I entered the conference room where Nathan, Harry and Jack Davis were already present. As I turned and closed the door, I felt eyes burning holes at the back of my head. Go figure who it belonged to.

As I walked towards the men, I felt his eyes studying me from head to toe. We hadn't spoken ever since we returned from London, not that I had anything left to say to him. I walked with my head held high and slid in the chair next to Mr Davis. His eyes on me did little to intimidate me. He was pissed with me, I don't know what for -though I had my own assumptions, I wasn't sure- not did I care about him and his anger issues.

"Gentlemen," I greeted, and we were down to buisness.

Over the next half an hour, we conducted our business with utmost professionalism, not bringing our differences into the mix. Even then, I could feel the cold shoulder he was giving me. After the meeting, we all parted ways and I went back to my office.

I put my files down and sat down on my chair, turning towards the French windows of my office to take in the beautiful view of the city from the height of the office building. I let myself relax a bit from my back to back meetings and mentally prepare myself for the deposition I had in another half an hour.

Suddenly, I heard the door to my office open and the voice of my secretary scolding someone. I turned in my chair and saw a fuming Nathan forcefully enter my office with a really angry looking Kate, hot at his heels.

"I tried to stop him mam as he doesn't have an appointment, but he still forced his way in," my secretary Kate complained.

"We need to talk," Nathan announced, completely ignoring Kate.

"Sure, Mr Rodriguez," I said calmly, "take an appointment."

"I'm not going to take a damn appointment!" He yelled. "We're going to have a talk and we're going to do it now!"

"And alone," he added while glaring at Kate.

"Do you need me to call security Ms Anderson?" Kate asked ignoring him, while Nathan and I played our glaring game.

"That won't be necessary, Ms Beckett," I tell her while standing up from my chair. "Give me a moment with Mr Rodriguez."

I go and stand in front of my desk slightly leaning on it backwards and crossing my legs. My eyes were fixed on Nathan. Kate left the office but not before shooting Nathan a dirty look. Seems like she wasn't falling for his pretty face.

"You have exactly five minutes, so make it quick," I told him, showing my dominance.

"Michael Russo." He said simply.