Chapter 33

As soon as I stepped out of my car infront of my office building, Roman was there and he was not looking too happy.

"What's going on Hailey?" He asked. "Why was our patent application rejected? Someone else has also applied for a patent on my designs? How is that even possible?"

"Calm down Roman, let's get up to my office," I said. "There's no need to panic, we'll get it all sorted out."

Roman didn't seem too assured but he calmed down. We went up to my office and settled down and I told him of what had happened but I left out the part of Gina's involvement.

"But how did they create a design so similar to ours?" He asked.

"It's not similar, it's the same. Every single design, every detail, the material, everything matches, and there's no way for it to be a coincidence. If one or two design were similar it would be understandable but these are all exact replicas," I told him. "I think you're designs were stolen by someone. Or...you were the one who stole another's?"

"Hailey!" Roman gasped. "You know me. How can you think I'd do something like that? I'm not a robber. Those were my team's design. Each and every one of them original."

"I'm just doing my job," I told him though it did little good. There was hurt written all over his face. "Then it's clear you're the victim. We'll have to work and see how they managed to get to your designs. I believe there could be a mole within your firm who leaked your designs. I want you to draw up a list of all people who had access to them."

He nodded. "What are you going to do now?"

"I'm going to file an injunction now so we can stop them from launching their product first," I told him.

"Then we're going to institute a derivation proceeding at the patent office and then finally sue for damages," I finished.

After we were done talking, I had Roman calm and collected. When he was about to leave, I stopped him.

"Roman, when was the last time you seen Gina?" I asked him. He looked shocked at my question and stumbled upon his words.

"I haven't seen her in years, not since I asked her to resign from my office. Why do you ask?"

"I met her yesterday. And she's the designer who has claimed credit for your work," I informed him.

------------------------------

"Did you serve the Williams' a notice of the hearing?" I asked Claire outside the court.

"They're a hundred million dollar company," she said nodding.

"The bigger they are the harder they fall," I replied before entering the courtroom.

--------------------------

Nathan p.o.v

I entered the Blue Moon club and was escorted to the private room. A while ago Hannah called and was hysterically crying and sobbing and when I asked what happened, she told me to meet her here. I was worried what had happened and why she sounded so miserable on the phone, so I cancelled my meeting and dashed to the club in a hurry. Entering the room I was surprised to see that she was not alone but accompanied by her brother Darren and his blonde girlfriend who I met yesterday at the banquet. Hannah had her arm around a sobbing Gina and was doing her best to comfort her while Darren was pacing around worried. He was the first to see me and when he did, he seemed kind of relieved.

"Nathan!" He called out but I ignored him and went straight to Hannah who had tears in her eyes.

"What happened?" I asked worriedly. "Why are you crying?"