Chapter 22

"What happened. Why did you'll break up?"
--------------------------

**Flashback**

When I was at Harvard I was doing a dual degree program, and attending law school and business school together. That's where I met Roman, at Harvard business school.

We immediately clicked. We started out as friends, but that only lasted for two months because after that he finally mustered the courage to ask me out. And as I myself was head over heels for him, I said yes. We dated while we were in college and anyone who met us, said we were meant for each other. The way we complimented each other, we knew each other, understood each other... completed each other. We were in love with each other. And when you're in love, you are just blind to the others flaws and so was I.

On graduation day, he proposed and I said yes again. My happiness knew no bounds. He was the man I loved, the man I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. We moved to California, since that was where his father's company was based. We were living happily together, or at least that was what I thought. My life was perfect then. I had graduated top of my class, landed a job as a first year associate for on of the top firms in California, my event management company was taking off, I had a loving man, a beautiful home in one of the best cities in the world. A little too perfect coming to think of it. I had no worries, knew no trouble, life was stress free and just the way I wanted it to be.

But that just wouldn't do. When everything is going alright, the universe has to come and knock you down. And I was no different. Six months after our engagement, I discovered that Roman started becoming more distant. The late nights at the office begin, more business trips and more time apart. I dismissed it as we were both starting out in our career and we had to put in our everything to achieve our goals. Moreover, I didn't want to be a controlling partner who kept nagging their boyfriend.

I wasn't feeling too well for a couple of weeks and I had missed my periods the month before. At first I had dismissed it as being the result of too much stress, but when they didn't come in the next month too, I went to see the doctor. And my suspicions were confirmed. I was two months pregnant! I was going to be a mother! I had never been this happy before, it was by far the most happiest moment of my life.

Roman was on a business trip to San Francisco. The first thing I did was get in my car and from the doctor's clinic I drove straight from LA to San Francisco. The whole drive I was picturing his face when I told him the happy news. I was so overwhelmed with emotions.

It was night time when I reached the hotel he was staying in and found out his room number and that he was in his room. I asked for directions and almost literally ran to his room. I was so excited when I reached his room. I caressed my two months pregnant belly. I wasn't showing yet, but I would soon.

I was so lost in bliss and oblivious to everything else. If I had been listening, I would have heard the wierd sounds of moans and groans coming out from the room. But I wasn't listening.

I reached for the door knob and found that the door was not locked, so I opened it and barged in barely containing my joy. But the scene before me, left me shocked.

There lay my fiancee on the hotel bed, completely naked and eyes shut in pleasure as a blonde woman as naked as he, rode him hard and fast.

A gasp escaped my mouth. Roman didn't appear to have heard me but the woman turned towards me and I received a second shock, as the woman riding him was none other than my best friend Gina Reid! She looked at me as she continued fucking my fiancee and smirked, showing no remorse whatsoever. It's like she wanted me to see that.

What was happening? One minute I was over the moon in joy and the second I was crying uncontrollably at the double betrayal by the two most closest people in my life. The ones I trusted the most, with whom I had beautiful memories, shared my life and experiences, were the ones who has turned around and stabbed me in the back.