0.2

"Jace! Fucks sake, you know they can't know we're back, not yet!" The woman continued to hit the man with her fist, anger radiating off of her as she seethed her words

"Okay Riv, okay, I'm sorry." Jace had shielded his head with his arms, groaning at the impact of the woman's fist.

Her hand fell from the mans back, a frown replacing her gritted teeth as the man spoke.

"I've told you not to call me that." She mumbled, slumping down into the seat on the opposite side of the table in the bakery.

Jace frowned, ever since he met the girl, he never heard the girl pleased with the nickname. He would always question it but the woman would simply brush it off as if it didn't mean a thing and when he would further his questions she would shout and shout like there was no tomorrow.

Shouting about nothing in particular. About everything bad in life- to everything good. Simply changing the subject while shouting so that the man wouldn't question it anymore.

"Oh, River, there you are. Your father- he told me not to speak but I have to warn you," Mary stated as she rushed from the back of the bakery, tea towel clutched in her hands, "he's going to the Garrison."

River stood abruptly. She knew Mary was only doing good by telling her, the woman being the only other person to know of her fathers plans other than her. They couldn't be seen by their old friend, not just yet- not until after they had gotten power again.

"Oh Jesus, Jace grab me a coat would ya'?" River muttered as she tugged a small knife from behind the bakery's counter, pocketing it in the waistband of her skirt before pushing through the door of the bakery.

The people of Small Heath seemed to be out at the same time in the day, the streets being crowded as the woman made her way down the street, head down so that no one had the chance to even think they'd noticed her.

A few brushed shoulders later, the woman ended up outside the Garrison pub, a small breath leaving her mouth at the memories she shared with the pub.

"Got your coat," Jace spoke from behind the girl, quite breathlessly from what River could only assume was from him running.

"Hold onto it for me." The woman mumbled as she pushed open the doors, already recognising her father's distinct raspy laugh.

Her eyes made their way around the pub, noticing the absence of the Shelby's causing the girl to let out a small sigh of relief. However, when her father began to belt out a song, being joined by almost the whole pub, River groaned.