0.7

River sat in the bakery, slumped in the chair facing the large windows with a glass of whiskey in hand

"It was mad, Mary. I don't know what she meant or what I should do I-" the woman stopped speaking, raising the glass to her lips once more, gulping down most of its contents.

Mary stood behind the counter, closing the window to the sweets she had baked so they'd be on display, her lips pulled into a frown at the woman who slumped even further into her seat.

"Have you spoken to your father about it?" The older woman mumbled, wiping her hands on her apron as she stood straight, facing River who shook her head.

To be truthful, River never returned to her home, instead she perched just outside the bakery until the early morning when Mary had turned up- making herself look more presentable before walking into the shop with her.

"What about Jace? It could've been one of the Lee's, they do the craziest of things sometimes." Mary joked, trying to lighten the mood between the two. It hadn't worked though, instead, River tugged the bottle of whiskey closer to her and instead of pouring it into the glass, she simply popped off the top and began to take sips of the alcohol.

The door to the bakery opened, the chime of the bell at the top of the door causing River to pull the bottle of whiskey away from her lips and to settle it own onto her lap so the customers wouldn't be scared away by the slightly tipsy woman.

However, the person that walked in wouldn't be scared away even if a gun was put against his face. Thomas Shelby nodded to Mary who bowed her head back, walking to the back room so that she'd be out of the two's way.

River raised her eyebrow at the man, a small chuckle falling from her lips.

"Not mad at me anymore?" She grumbled, raising the bottle from her lap and to her lips, taking a swig of her drink before pointing towards the man, "Or are ya' looking for me da? 'Cause he's not 'ere."

Tommy tugged his peaky cap off of his head, brushing his hair down his forehead before taking a seat across the table from the woman, hand outstretched. River huffed, taking one last swig from the bottle before handing it over to Tommy who gently placed it on the floor next to him.

"I spoke to Grace last night," he began causing the woman to laugh out.

"Has Thomas Shelby gone soft for an Irish woman?"

Tommy glared a the woman but the gaze was softened as he allowed himself to actually take in the girl in her state. Her blonde hair was pushed up into a messy bun, parts falling from it in front of her face which was pulled into a grimace as she stared back at the man.