1.2

"Hello, Arthur

"Hello, Arthur." River whispered as she put the cigarette to her lips, inhaling it before shoving it out in front of her, motioning for the man to take it from her.

Arthur did as told, taking the cigarette with a heartbroken look settled upon his face, moving to sit next to the woman on the wall, "'Ello, Riv."

The woman already knew why the man was so sad. It was obvious from the day his dad had come that he'd only let down his kids once more.

"Can you keep a secret?" The woman asked as she grabbed the cigarette from Arthur's outstretched hands. The man nodded in response, watching as she took another toke of the cigarette.

"When I first left, I would run away- go to any train station we were near with money I stole from my dad and try to get back to you. Don't tell him about the money bit, he doesn't know that." She smiled up at the man who wrapped his arm around her shoulders, bringing her closer to him on the wall they sat on.

"Can you keep a secret?" He asked her, a smirk settling on his face when the woman nodded, "Tommy wouldn't leave the bakery at night- 'e used to go there every day and wait for you. Had to drag him 'ome."

"And I-i would sit out there at night as well, missed ya like mad." River frowned, hugging the man's side, sighing out as his arm tightened around her.

"He doesn't deserve any of you, Arthur." She whispered to the man before pulling away, throwing her arms out, "Now! Let's go get fucked out our faces!"

River was sat in the pub on her own, Arthur leaving a few hours prior and the woman decided to stay for a while before going home- probably not her best move as Thomas rushed in, eyes immediately catching hers as he rushed over to her.

"Riv, riv," he was out of breath and with the worried look on his face, the woman stood from the barstool, nodding to the back room.

Thomas grabbed her arm, pulling her with a rushed action, ignoring the prying eyes as they shut the door to the backroom. Turning towards the man, River raised her eyebrow as she looked over his distressed nature.

"What's wrong, Tom?"

"I'm- I'm going away for a little while." River's eyes widened as she shook her head, raising her hands as she turned away from him.

"There are some things-"

"Why d'you have to leave, Tom. Tell me straight not some half-assed explanation." River spoke, turning towards him with an unreadable expression. She was ready after the conversation she had with Arthur to tell Tommy that she wanted everything back to the way it was.

Them ruling the world. Together.

"I had guns- I had a deal. But that's gone now and I need to lay low for a while," the man stepped closer to the woman, his hands cupping her cheeks as he looked down at her, "But I'll come back. For you. I'll always come back."