February 5th, 2015

As promised, I'm right back with another story! :) I hope you'll enjoy this one as much as my previous one. Thank you for reading and comments are highly appreciated.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She was lying in the warmth of her bed in one of her exquisite hotel rooms. Darkness surrounded her, only some bare moonlight was shining through the white curtains of the windows, dip-painting the room in a touch of light silver.

She was clutching at her blanket, the pain in her hips, feet and back was torturing her once more. Getting up on stage in her six inch platform boots up to three to four times a week was torturing her lately more than in years. But those heels were part of her look, part of being Stevie Nicks. She knew she had to stop wearing them. So she did tonight, choosing some black-white sneakers with a much more comfortable and smaller heel instead.

She could quite well remember when she had to wear orthopaedic shoes back in 2003/04. She snorted at the memory of how Lindsey had always made fun about her wearing them. And tonight had not been any different. He had seen her coming out of her dressing room, looking at her feet, a chuckle escaping his lips. That bastard!

And now, her thoughts wandered back to him! That was exactly what she had not wanted. Thinking about him never let her fall asleep... Why did it still bother her what he thought about her?! He had no idea what it felt like to do a two and a half hour set in six inch heels at 66 while twirling like a young hippie around the stage. Shouldn't she give a fuck about his opinion on her shoes?! Shouldn't she give a fuck about his opinion regardless on which subject anyway?! She sighed. Easier said than done!

She turned around in her bed and gasped loudly as an extremety of pain ran through her body. Getting old is not for sissies! She clenched her teeth and her nails dug into the bedsheets. She could have easily taken another pain killer but she hated that stuff. Since her Klonopin days she hated every kind of pills! She wished she was near Los Angeles right now, so she could visit her massage therapist, instead they were in Montreal, in the middle of Canada!

Another hour passed by and she still lay awake. She didn't even know why she had switched off the lights so early tonight. She knew far too well that she couldn't go to sleep before three in the morning.

Her thoughts went back to the show.. It had been a good night. Besides of her hips and back bothering her, she was very pleased with how it had been going so far. They sounded great, critics and fans were delighted by their performances and it felt so great to be up on stage again, all five of them finally back together! Having Christine back was what she had needed. Now, that she was back, she had discovered how much she had missed her dear friend with the typical British humour that she loved so much!

The only thing that had changed was how Lindsey and her had been acting towards each other. The last tour had been all about the two of them. Finally back in a happy place, getting along better than ever before, it had felt absolutely amazing to be out there with him. They had come so close - too close! Nothing had happened between them, at least nothing inappropriate, nothing they shouldn't have done. But she had noticed how he had been staring at her and she knew that look far too well! The way he had taken every given opportunity to grab her hand, hug her, kiss her and nuzzle her neck.. It had felt amazing to get touched like this again.. It had been a long time since anybody had touched her, except for some friendly hugs and handshakes. She had caught herself a few times longing his loving kisses on her cheeks and hair had been somewhere else, even though she knew how wrong that was!

When he had delivered a speech in Las Vegas, saying goodbye to her, she had lost it completely. She had hated herself for crying in front of thousands of people - she hated being fragile and vulnerable. And how much she had hated that he had seen her like that - again!