Valentine's Day

One week went by and Stevie and Lindsey really got along so much better than before. It was as if Lindsey had not only freed Stevie from the tension in her back and hips but also from the one in her heart. She was tired of feeling uneasy in his surrounding. He was after all, beside her brother Christopher, the one person in her life that had known her for the longest. It was great to be back at peace with him and even though they couldn't spend as many intimate moments on stage like one year earlier, things were so much better.

It was February 14th, when their new founded bound took its next step forward. They had a show in Rosemont and there were red roses on stage because it was Valentine's Day.

The show went great as usual but Stevie just couldn't wait to get back to her hotel room. Touring got tougher for her year by year - she wasn't in her 30's anymore. Also, she was back in her platform boots, even though her orthopaedic therapist had said that wasn't such a great idea, and he had been right, her hips were already hurting again.

When she left the stage for one of her short breaks in which Christine took lead, Lindsey saw her painfully screwing up her face while placing one hand on her right hip. In the darkness of the backstage area he grabbed her hand and pulled her close.

"Are you hurting again?"

"Yeah..", she admitted.

He nodded knowingly and let her go, he had to go back on stage.

At the end of the show, after they bowed, he took two of the red roses and gave one to Chris and one to Stevie. Chris laughed slightly amused by his gesture but Stevie took it in her hands with glancing eyes and smiled at him as she smelled the scent of the beautiful flower. She had always loved red roses. Back in the early days of their relationship in LA, a red rose from time to time had been the only gift he could afford and she had always been delighted by it. He smiled sadly at that memory - that was a long time ago!

Two hours later, Lindsey had finished his phone call with Kristen. Today, was their anniversary. He couldn't believe it had been 15 years already...

Usually, he was tired at that time of the day but not tonight. He wanted to see her. Wanted to make sure Stevie was okay. He took his keys, switched off the lights and made his way down the hall to her room. Unlike the last time, he heard music coming from the inside of her suite. He smiled and knocked at her door. When she shortly after opened it up, he saw that she was surprised to see him.

"What are you doing here?", she laughed.

"It's nice to see you, too!", he joked.

"Oh.. No, that's not how I meant it.."

"I know!", he smiled, "May I come in?"

"Oh, of course!", she stepped aside and let him in.

When she closed the door behind him and turned around, he finally really saw her. She was in a comfortable ruby-colored pajama, make up free, barefooted, her hair fell curly down her shoulders.

"What happened to the sexy negligé?!", he asked with a grin on his face while his eyes wandered unapologetically over her from head to toe.

"My lover had no time to visit me tonight, so I thought I'd wear something more comfortable!", she winked at him. She tried hard to let it sound casual and funny but inside she was already feeling her heartbeat quickening up. What did he mean with that?!

"Your lover?!", he furrowed playfully his brow.

"Yeah. He's really cute, you know."