Closer

She turned on her belly, making sure as much as possible of her body was covered by the blanket. Her nightie was ending at the middle of her thighs and she certainly didn't want him to see that, so she wrapped the blanket tightly around her lower back, supporting it from sliding away by sticking it under her body and pressing the fabric between her legs.

He couldn't stop grinning by the effort she was making to hide her body from his view. This was actually very cute, considering how often he had seen her naked, even though it had been nearly 17 years since they had been that intimate with each other. Thinking about it, he couldn't even remember the last time she had let him into her bed. They hadn't been this close in a long time. It wasn't that he hadn't wanted it – God knows he had – but throughout the years she had made it very clear that she didn't want him around. Their relationship had turned into a real disaster after their final breakup in 1998 when he had left her for his much younger wife who had been pregnant with their first child. His son Will had been an accident – it didn't mean that he loved him any less, he just hadn't been planned. In fact, he had really wanted to make things right with Stevie back then, getting back together, making it official, committing to her. But when he had discovered Kristen was pregnant and told Stevie about it, she had made him leave her, telling him this baby was the sign that they shouldn't try it again and instead he should be with his family. After a lot of yelling, crying and desperate sex, both of them had accepted their new reality and had broken up – once again.

He knew he had broken her heart. He had seen it in every move she made, read it in all her interviews, found it in the poems she wrote and heard it in the way she spoke to him. Her voice sounded harsh when the words were addressing him and her sad eyes had lost their sparkle. The making of "Say you will" had been horrifying...

He shook his head to get rid of those memories and concentrated on here and now. He lifted himself up and straddled her tiny body at the middle of her thighs, kneeling over her.

"What are you doing?!", she hissed immediately and turned her head to look at him.

"Shh, calm down! I'm only trying to find a comfortable position!", he laughed and his right hand pushed her head gently down onto the matress again, "Head back down! And Relax!"

She sighed once again. It was hard to relax in his surrounding.

Eventually, his hands found their way to her shoulders and she couldn't stop her body from tensing all up as his fingers touched her bare skin.

"I said, relax!", he laughed, immediately recognizing her body's reaction.

She ignored his words and tried to breathe deeply in and out to calm herself down.

His hands were kneading her just perfectly as they started to move with the right amount of pressure on her shoulders, upper arms and neck.

Slowly, the tension left her body and she closed her eyes. This felt good.

His hands traveled lower down her back and he felt through the thin fabric of her satin nightie that she wasn't wearing a bra. He caught himself being excited about it and cursed himself for doing so at the same time.

"Where are you hurting?", he whispered and pressed his fingers on a few spots all over her back.

She gasped when he found the place of her pain at the very end of her back.

"Here?"

She nodded slightly.

He grabbed the blanket and pulled it down lower.

"Lindsey!", she hissed, her hands quickly trying to get a hold on the blanket but her arms were too short to reach it.

He ignored her and descended his hands on the hurting spot, starting to massage it. She moaned in relief. He grinned. He had missed this sound of her voice and in all those years had nearly forgotten about it. It had been so long since he had heard it... His hands moved all over her lower back, adjusting the right amount of pressure, releasing her from pain without hurting her. And then he traveled lower.

"What are you...", she already started again.

"Massaging your hips!", he said quickly before she could end her sentence.

"Lindsey, I don't think..."

"Stop it! Your hips are hurting!", he demanded.

The blanket moved down even lower and she held her breath when his hands touched her hips through the thin fabric. She couldn't help a shiver running down her spine, praying to God he didn't see it – he saw it! And oh, how much it excited him! He looked down at her, happy she couldn't see his eyes wandering all over her back, knowing far too well she would pull up the blanket within a second by his stare. He pressed his hands hard against her hips, pushing her body deep into the matress and she gasped loudly in response.

"Do I hurt you?"

"Noo..", she moaned, "It's getting better!"

He smiled proudly and kept massaging her.

He went on for another fifteen minutes, none of them saying a single word, once in a while a moan escaping her lips which caused him to smile even brighter. She drowned in the feeling of his hands touching her in such intimate places, trying hard to keep quiet and not letting go into a flood of lustful moaning. The pain in her back and hips was totally forgotten by now. Not merely, because his hands were just hitting the right spots, but rather because he was actually here with her and touched her body...

The muscles of his arms were aching by now, he had been kneading her body for nearly half an hour, and still he kept on, not wanting to let go of her. He had no idea when he would be able to come that close to her again, or even if ever again.

"Linds?", she said softly and one of her tiny hands reached out for him, "It's okay.. It's enough.. Thank you very much. You helped me a lot."

His aching arm muscles relieved but his heart silently crying, he stopped but not without lowering his head and placing one tender kiss on the curve of her neck, lingering there for a little too long, causing another shiver to run down her spine.

"You're better?"

"A lot. Thank you."

He smiled sadly, knowing he needed to leave her now, and got up from bed. When the weight of his body let go of her thighs, she turned around on her back and looked up at him. Her eyes meeting his in a beautiful glance of lust he hadn't seen in a long time. She didn't even bother to pull up the blanket and cover up the risqué neckline of her slightly shifted nightie, revealing far too much of her cleavage than he was supposed to see.

"Goodnight, Lindsey!"

"Goodnight, Stevie..", he mumbled, trying hard to remove his eyes from the view she was offering him and walked out of her bedroom.

"Thank you so much..", she called after him once more before she heard him leaving her suite, the door quietly shutting behind him.