Animal Crackers

When Lindsey left half an hour later, she closed silently the door behind him and walked back to her bedroom.
And it's the first Valentine's Day in years I spent having fun... What was going on with him? Why did he say such things? And what the hell was going on in his marriage?

She hadn't dared to ask him that after his statement. She had just ignored it. What should she have responded anyway?

Tonight, they had come even closer than the last time he had come over to massage her. His hands on her body had felt even more intensive, especially, when she had turned around and he had lain his hands on the bare skin of her belly and travelled lower to her pelvic bones.

She knew he was used to see a much younger body in front of him, Kristen was after all 21 years younger than her.. She knew she still looked good for her age but that was in her opinion pretty low considering she was going to turn 67 in a few months. Her insecurities were overwhelming her once again.. We're doing nothing wrong here, okay? Don't feel guilty. It's okay... Obviously, he found it was okay to be so intimate with her and didn't see any sexual aspect in massaging her body. She didn't know if this was making her feel better because they could stay friends or if it was rather disturbing her considering that obviously he wasn't at all attracted to her anymore.

She sighed, pounced on her bed and crawled underneath the covers. Where was this going to go?! What the hell was this between them? And what had he meant when he had asked what had happened to her sexy negligé?! He was sending her completely different signals, once flirty, then suddenly casual ones. She felt like a fucking fool! She knew she was falling for him again and it freaked her out! She buried her head into the covers and breathed heavily in and out. Fuck! And why had the whole bed to smell like him right now?! Pure torture!

The next day they had to fly to Louisville. Stevie arrived as usual as the last one, dressed in her black uniform, some comfortable UGG boots, her hair in an up-do and some huge sunglasses covering her make-up free eyes, Karen following her behind, a to-do-list in her hand, reading out the plans for the upcoming days.

Stevie was already bored by what was going to come. Interviews, promotions, cover shoots... The same merry-go-round as usual! She wished making music wasn't connected with all that boring promotion stuff. Especially those lame interviews with the same fucking questions over and over again. She didn't know how often she could take another What-was-it-like-to-make-Rumours-while-breaking-up-with-Lindsey-question and respond without screaming she had answered it a million times already! She sighed and entered the plane, took her usual seat at the end of the plane and made herself comfortable. Karen sensed that her boss was again terribly grumpy this morning and left her alone, so Stevie could go back to sleep.

When Lindsey saw Stevie two rows behind him desperately clutching at her blanket, he got up and sat down beside her.

"Hey!", he smiled.

"Oh God!", she startled, "Lindsey, you frightened me!"

"Oh, sorry", he grinned.

"Lindsey, listen.. I'm sorry but I really need to sleep a little more.. I'm so tired.."

"Come here!", he said and wrapped his arm around her, "I see you're lying uncomfortably.."

She looked up at his smiling face and snuggled closer to him while he wrapped the blanket around the two of them.

"Let's get one of your power-naps!", he grinned, "We're landing in an hour!"

"Oh! You're reading my interviews!", she smirked.

"Of course, I do!", he laughed and placed a kiss on her hair.

She blushed slightly, leaned back into the curve of his arm and looked at the floor to hide her rosy cheeks.