Regrets?!

He didn't plan to sleep with her that night. He knew right now, the one thing she needed the most was someone holding her tight. And he was more than happy to be that someone.

So when she reached for his pants, trying to return the favor, he shook lovingly his head, kissed her again and wrapped his arms tightly around her tiny body.

"Not tonight..", he mumbled.

"Why not?", she asked shyly, immediately feeling insecure, "You don't want me?"

"God Stevie! Are you serious?"

"I know I don't look like I used to..."

"This is not why -"

"Oh no! You felt so sorry for me that you did this?!", she said suddenly and freed herself from his embrace, a look of horror on her face, "Oh my God! Am I such a pity that you fingered me to make me feel better?!"

"Stevie, what the -"

"Why did I let you do that?!", she was hysterical now.

He looked at her in disbelief. What the hell was wrong with her. He just wanted to be selfless and give her some space and time, be careful with her and not push her into anything.

She jumped out of the bed and started crying.

"Gosh, we should have never done that..", she mumbled more to herself than to him, "You are married. You belong to someone else.."

"Stevie..", he said softly and tried to approach her from behind but she was unreachable for him. Completely lost in her thoughts, she rocked herself back and forth, not stopping crying, and got up as soon as she felt his hands touching her back. She ran into the living-area of her suite and fell down on the couch. He followed her behind.

"Stevie.."

She still didn't listen, spinning herself a web of illusions.

"Stevie! For God's sake!", he yelled suddenly, he couldn't take it anymore, and she jumped a little in response, "Are you insane?", he asked her, trying hard to keep his voice under control, but he was still sounding furiously.

"Of course, I want you! Damn it!", he yelled, "I've always wanted you!"

Finally, she looked up at him, and the look in her eyes was ripping his heart into pieces.

"I want you more than anything else..", he said, softer this time, he kneeled down in front of her and took her hands.

"But why..", she stuttered.

"I didn't want to push you.."

"Lindsey.. Tell me the truth!"

"This is the truth, Stephanie."

She closed her eyes in pain as she heard him calling her by her birth name. He knew far too well that this was her weakness. There had only been four people in the world who had been allowed to call her that name and three of them were dead by now. Her mother, her father, Robin and Lindsey.

"You are married..", she said again, "You have a family.. This is wrong, Lindsey.."

"I have three kids, yes that's true!", he said, causing her to sob even heavier, "But that doesn't change the fact that I still love you."

"You.. You love me?", she asked him, completely caught off-guard.

"Of course, I do.", he sat down next to her and took her in his arms, "I think it's time that I tell you what you wanted to hear two weeks ago.."

"What do you mean?", she looked up at him.

"Why this was the first Valentine's Day in years I spent having fun? You remember?"

She nodded eagerly, tears still running down her cheeks.

"Kristen and I.. Well.. She had an affair two years ago.."

"What?!"

"I came home one day and I caught her cheating."

Stevie couldn't believe his words and searched desperately for an evidence that he was lying to her but the only thing she saw was pain and regret.

"It's not like I didn't see it coming, you know. I never really gave her the attention and love she deserved. I was either touring or locking myself in the music studio.. Well, we talked about it and.. We decided to stay together for the kids but.. We're not really.. You know.. We kinda broke up. We still live in the same house, I mean, at least the little time I spend there. We don't even sleep in the same room anymore. The kids think I'm snorting.."

He broke up for a short break, bracing himself to go on.

"Well, it's not like we didn't try to make it work again, you know. I wanted my children to have a real family, like I did.. But when I hear her voice, Kristen's voice, and I try to make myself believe that I belong to her, it just doesn't work! All I see is her with that other man in our bed! I don't love her and I think.. No, I know, I never really did."

She gasped in disbelief.

"Stevie, listen. I really want you. I want you so, so much. And to answer your question properly.. That Valentine's Day with you two weeks ago.. It was absolutely beautiful because I got to spend it with you."

"You don't.. You don't lie to me?", she asked for sure and looked into his eyes.

"No. I mean it!"

"Oh God..", she sighed and let her head fall against his chest.

"It's been 11 years for you..", he then suddenly said really quietly, "but it's been two and a half for me, as well.."

"What?", she lifted up her head and looked at him in surprise, "You two haven't..?"

"No.."

"And with anyone else?"

"No. Not in the slightest."

"Why..?"

"It just didn't feel right."

"Oh.. So this is why you didn't want to.."

"Nooo, Stevie! No!", he said quickly, "I want to have sex with you. Really, I do. I just thought you weren't ready yet.."

"Lindsey, I've waited 11 years!", she laughed now through the tears she was eagerly trying to wipe away with her hands, "How much longer am I supposed to wait?!"

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Guys!
I was just wondering, do you enjoy this story? I'm not really sure since there is not a lot of feedback in the comment section... It would be great, if you leave me some comments below regarding if I should continue or end this story and write something else.. :) Thank you, Lara