Sad Angel

It was February 19th, when they all flew back home for a short break of one week until they had to get back on the road at the end of February to do their next show on March 1st.

Lindsey and Stevie had got along quite well the last four days until they had to leave, though he hadn't shown up at her room at night anymore. She was glad that their weird goodbye at her hotel room in Louisville hadn't affected their new found bound in the slightest.

The days at her condo in Los Angeles went by quickly, Stevie spent them mostly working and meeting friends and family members she hadn't seen for months due to her busy work schedule.

When February 28th came, Stevie found herself back on the plane, heading to their next stop in Austin. She was snoozing in her seat, wrapped in her blanket, headphones on to escape the disturbing sound of the machines and people talking around her.

Suddenly, she felt someone touching her cheek. She jumped a little in surprise and opened her eyes. It was Lindsey. He had sat down next to her and smiled, his hand still near her face.

"What's wrong?", she asked quickly and set down her headphones, looking quizzically at him.

"Sorry, I woke you up..", he mumbled.

"It's okay... I wasn't really asleep."

"Oh, okay.. Well.. I just wanted to say hi..", he smiled sheepishly.

"Oh..", she laughed, "Hi.."

"It's great to see you.. I missed you.."

"I missed you, too.", she said a little too quickly and blushed lightly.

He grinned and touched playfully her nose with one of his fingers.

"Can I come to your room at 9? Is that okay?"

"Sure."

"Great.", he grinned, "Pajama Party?! I bring some wine!"

She laughed in response and nodded eagerly her head, "Okay."

He took her hand and kissed it, "How's your week been?"

"Umm, good. I visited Christopher and Jessy.. And Vanessa and her cute little family came to see me. Her baby is so beautiful, Lindsey. Such an angel!"

Her eyes were sparkling beautifully in excitement when she started talking about the baby. Lindsey watched her and smiled sadly. She would have made a great mother.

They continued talking about what she had done the last few days until they landed half an hour later in Austin and got into different cars to head to their hotels.

Stevie went to take a bath as soon as she entered her suite. She wanted to relax a little bit before Lindsey would show up, so she lighted some of her favorite scented candles and slid into the hot water. She stayed in there for a little too long, not watching the time, as she suddenly took a look at her watch and saw that she only had thirty minutes left to get ready.

Quickly, she jumped out of the water, wrapped herself in a towel, brushed her wet hair and started blow-drying it. She cursed herself for having such long hair, even though she loved it, but it took nearly 15 minutes to get it smooth and dry. She was just applying some light mascara, still wrapped in her towel, when she heard him knocking at her door. He was five minutes early. She groaned in frustration, ran to the door and yelled: "One second, I'm not dressed yet!"

"I wouldn't mind..", he mumbled behind closed doors, more to himself.

"Lindsey!", she shrieked at the other side, "I can hear you!"