10. Operation Get Back Gabriella

It's been a few weeks since I dropped out the show, and to be honest I'm really bored. That show was the only thing I was thinking about. It was stupid of me to drop out all because of Ricky.

Ricky. Oh yeah. I haven't spoken to him since I dropped out, he sends me the odd messages asking if we could talk things out, but I'm not ready too. He's just gonna yap on about Nini again. Like he always does.

But I have heard things have been quite tense between Ricky and Nini since I dropped out. He won't make any eye contact with her, but she's all over him. So they haven't got very far with the production at all, and you would think they have, considering the performance is literally in about 3 weeks. They should be over halfway now!

But I decided to drop in to see how everyone is doing.

••••••••••••••••••••••

I enter the auditorium to see all the cast sat in one big circle. They must be having a bonding exercise or something. Miss Jenn goes crazy when things don't go as planned. 

And i scan around the room, only to see him. Ricky, with the brown eyed grin and his messy hair.

(A/N - See what I did there ;)

Now that I'm not in the show, he's all I think about. Not seeing him for a few weeks has made me realise how much I want him. I didn't think he would become such an important person in my life, he is my best friend. Ricky is the only person who I feel safe with.

God I miss the way he used to stroke my head, and play with my curls whilst I was lying down on his leg. And I would always look up to him smiling at me, one of the biggest smiles I've ever saw. My favourite memory though would have to be the time he taught me how to ride a skateboard. I'm really good at it now. I would always laugh whilst he was holding me. Ricky, being his usual self, would always tickle me, which made me stumble and fall off his skateboard. He would stand there and laugh at me. I on the other hand, wasn't very pleased, but I could never be mad at him. He made me feel secure, and I want that back.

But I'm not being very discrete while thinking all of this, as Ashlyn locked eyes with me straight away.

"ALECEA! Oh my gosh!" She screamed from the top of her lungs.

The first person to immediately turn their head was Ricky. Our eyes met for the first time in weeks, and it was like time stopped. I smiled at him, then his cheeks went red. That's when everyone hurdled towards me and gave the biggest hugs ever. This is my family, and I can't get my head around why I threw all this away.

"Lee what are you doing here?" Ricky said with his cute little grin which I always think about.

"I wanted to check on how you all were. I feel terrible for dropping out. It's the worst mistake I've ever made. And I want back in!"

Nini came stomping towards me. I could tell she wasn't very happy.

"Look Alecea, I know you were the lead, but you dropped out. And now just because I have the lead you want back in? That's not gonna happen."

"You were just my understudy Nini. I can easily get back in if I wanted to. I'm the best lead East High has had."

"We will see about that. Just watch your back Alecea." Nini said as she walked out the auditorium.

"Woah what just happened here?" Frankie said.

"I think Nini wants the play a game." Red laughed

"If she wants a game she's gonna get one. I'm gonna take my position right back."

"And I'll be with you all the way Lee." Ricky said, linking my arm and kissing my forehead.

In that moment I knew I had my best friend back.

"Okay, it's time for Operation Get Back Gabriella."

A/N

HI GUYS! I'm so sorry I haven't updated for a whole month. I've been really busy with high school etc. But now I've completely finished high school and I have 3 months before I go to college so hopefully I can continue this story! Let me know if you like the social media idea guys! If you do I will certainly try to incorporate it more!! ALSO TYSM FOR OVER 3k READS!!!!

Thanks I love you all <3