2. 𝐊𝐞𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐈𝐭 𝐋𝐨𝐰

I cannot believe Big Red goes here! I've known red since i was 6, i met him here just before i moved to LA. I've kept in contact with him but i didn't tell him i'm back for Junior year. The look on his face!!!

★ ★ ★

There's Red, with the boy from next door. I made no hesitation and just went for it,

"Red!"

Red slowly turned around to find me with the biggest grin on my face ever,

"Oh my god Alecea! Hi"

"Hi! Oh my god it's so good to finally see you."

Our arms connected which turned into a hug. I forgot how Reds hugs felt.

"Alecea this is my best friend Ricky."

Ricky made his way towards me,

"Hi."

"Hi. I've seen you before. I moved next door to you when i came back here."

"I know. I saw you move in with your brother, who looked awfully familiar."

"Yeah her brothers Zac Efr..."

I signalled Red to stop what he was doing. Only he knows that my brothers Zac. I want it to stay that way for a while.

"Her brothers a massive Zac Efron lookalike."

"Yeah. He 'aspires' to be him. My brothers a dick."

"Total dick." Ricky laughed in sync with me.

"I felt like Ricky and I shared a moment during free period. Like we just Kept staring in each others eyes. Am i the only one who feels like that?" A/N this is when the characters talk to the camera. xo

★ ★ ★

"Attention students, please make your way to the gym for the back to school announcements!"

"Ugh i hate the announcements. Besides they're always boring. I might just skip them again." Red moaned

"Yeah we always skip the announcements. But well we will go this time, because of you." Ricky said.

"Wow, i'm so flattered honestly. Thank you." I laughed

★ ★ ★

So, we made our way to the gym and sat down on the fourth row. I sat in between Ricky and Red. Ricky was staring at some girl sat on the second row, but diagonal to us. I must've missed something before.

"Hey Red, why's Ricky staring at that girl?" I questioned

"Oh that's his ex girlfriend Nini. Ricky wanted to take a pause in their relationship. And it ended quite bad. Nini met someone else at camp and didn't tell ricky about it until this morning."

"Wow. Harsh"

Everyone lowered the noise when the principal came to the podium,

"Good morning students. We have some exciting news. Seniors can now wear baseball hats on Fridays! And also we have a new drama teacher joining us for the forseable future. She has prepared a speech which she swore in writing wouldn't cost too much money."

A blonde lady walked to the podium with a lad which i presume is a student here. She had strawberry blonde hair and had 'horrible fashion sense right'.

"GO WILDCATS!" The teacher shouted as she shot out a wildcat flag to the seniors on the back row.

"Okay. Hi everyone i'm Miss Jenn. When i found out that the school where High School Musical was shot had never put on a production of High School Musical i was..."

I was only paying attention to Ricky. Jesus christ he is gorgeous. But he was only staring at Nini.

"Why. Why do things have to change?" He said.

"Well they just do. There's nothing that anyone can really do about it. You'll be fine Ricky." I said whilst linking his arm.

He looked down at me and smiled.

"millennial..."

We both immediately turned to Miss Jenn.

"Millennial!" we both mouthed.

"So auditions are after school in the auditorium today, don't be late"

The bell rang and we made our way out of the bleachers.

Rickys POV

I need to audition for that musical. That's the only way i can win Nini back. But i can't deny Alecea and I had a connection earlier.

"I think i'm gonna audition." Said Alecea.

"What role?" I said.

"I think i'm gonna audition for Gabriella. It's been my dream role since like my brother and that."

"Oh yeah. The Zac Efron lookalike" I laughed.

"Yeah. If i got Gabriella then i would scream, my brother probably would aswell."

I can't deny that Alecea and i have something. We clearly do. I'm torn right now between my ex and a girl that's walked in and made me rethink my options. I really don't know.

"I'm gonna audition." I said.

"Funny Ricky." Red said.

"How's that funny?" Alecea questioned.

"He hates musicals"

"Hate is a strong word. I just think it's unrealistic when people burst into song in the middle of the street."

Alecea's POV

"I mean, go for it Ricky!" I said.

We all smiled and went our separate ways for the rest of the day.

🅐🅤🅣🅗🅞🅡 🅝🅞🅣🅔
Hi guys xo

Hope you enjoyed! Let me know what you think in the comments below 🤍

- Lexy xo