4. 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐂𝐚𝐧 𝐔𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐝

I'm at home. It hasn't fully sunk in yet i'm playing Gabriella. When i told Zac he was over the moon. He was more pleased about how well i fitted in on my first day. I told him about how Red goes to my school and how i had gotten closer with the kid next door. I class Ricky as a close friend now, he's in a similar situation to me. But obviously his parents haven't died.

But i shouldn't have balled at Ricky before. I felt hurt a little. I've been played before, and it breaks you. I'm just scared of that happening again. I've never been good enough for a boy, sometimes i think i'm not good enough for anyone. My family, my friends. I don't even think i'm good enough to be Zacs sister. So you know.

★ ★ ★

I'm sat on my bed just scrolling through tiktok when i hear a knock on my window. I go to open my curtain and find Ricky at my window,

"What the fuck Ricky!"

"Just open it please."

How could i say no. I gave in and opened the window, and Ricky pounced in my room falling face first on the floor. I held my hand to my face trying not to laugh.

"Look, i came to talk to you about the auditions. I swear to you your not in a triangle."

"Ricky i don't know. Like i've been in situations like that a lot. I don't want it to happen again."

"I know. And i'm a dick for doing that to you. Im really sorry for hurting you."

"You didn't hurt me. I just felt like you still had feelings for Nini and i can't get in the way of that."

Ricky grabbed my hand,

"That's what you think but your not getting in the way. I auditioned for you, not Nini. And i'm so happy you got Gabriella, i really am. But i'm a mess right now. I thought doing the show would take my mind off everything."

"I know how you feel Ricky. I'm a wreck. There's a few things i've lied to you about."

"What have you lied about?"

"Well, i've lied about my brother, my last name and really my feelings. I'm going to tell you this but you cannot tell anyone."

"I promise i won't."

Ricky grabbed my waist and pulled me in closer.

"Well first things first, my last name isn't Edwards, it's Efron. Zac Efron is my brother and he's sitting downstairs right now."

"Your being serious."

"Yes. I didn't want to be known has his sister so we decided to change my last name to Edwards while i was in school."

"I can't believe i'm friends with Zac Efrons sister."

There we go. Friends. Shown me we can't be anything more, no matter how much i wanted to.

"Friends?"

"Well yeah. We are"

No. I wanted to be more. When i first saw him when i moved back he was like my dream boyfriend. He was everything i looked for.

"Oh."

"Well what about your feelings?"

"Hm?"

"You said you were lying about your feelings."

"Oh yeah. Erm."

Ricky rested his palm on my cheek as tears started to come out my eyes.

"Hey. Don't cry. What's the matter?"

I lay my head on Rickys shoulder,

"I just, i try so hard to open up to people, but i'm scared that if i do i'll push people away. That's why i've been down."

"It's okay. We all feel like that. But sometimes it's better to say it than not at all right?"

"Yeah." i sniffles as i wiped my tears away. That's when Ricky picked me up and threw me on my bed. He was now on top of me. We were just laughing to ourselves before we threw each other onto my carpet floor.

"You look so pretty." Ricky said

I just smiled. Nobody's ever told me i look pretty. Ever. It felt nice.

Ricky moved the small strands of hair out of my face and leant in closer to me, i sat up a little meeting his lips with mine. It was a mild, but sweet kiss at first, before it got more passionate. We broke off the kiss while we got more comfortable on my bed, then our lips met again. I couldn't stop staring at them during auditions, and now i'm kissing them. I was kissing Ricky Bowen, the kid i always looked at whilst driving to school everyday, the kid i always heard strumming his guitar all night till about 2AM. It was surreal, i didn't want to break it off, but we had to eventually.

★ ★ ★

We broke off the kiss. I stared into Rickys eyes and couldn't stop,

"Why did you kiss me?" I asked.

"Because you understand me. Like no other person, and i need that right now in my life. Just someone who understands me. And besides, who wouldn't.

I pecked his lips one more time before saying goodbye,

"You should go. Zac doesn't know your here." i said

"I'll text you."

We hugged and Ricky climbed back out of my window. Good timing aswell because Zac was right behind my door,

"You okay Lee?"

"Oh Zac. I've never been better." I smirked

Little did i know Ricky was still hanging from my window.

"Alecea?"

"Yeah?"

"Why the fuck is Ricky Bowen hanging from your window?"

Ricky climbed from my window and jumped into my room,

"Erm Hi..."

🅐🅤🅣🅗🅞🅡 🅝🅞🅣🅔

Hey guys, erm i couldn't wait i'm so sorryyyy. I took inspiration from another story i read by @odetomendes but hope you liked it xo

Lexy xo