Chapter Eight

Lucinda Pov:
We all stared wide-eyed at each other as we realized Aph was not in the room.

Melissa spoke first. "Rowan, check the front hallway. Kawaii-Chan, the kitchen. Garroth, master bedroom. Kim, spare bedroom."

I stared at her as she fired orders at everyone. Her eyes shone with desperation and ferocity, and her tail was out and swishing frantically behind her. Sweat shone on her face. She looked really hot.

What! I tore my gaze off of her. This is not the time to be thinking about your crush! I scolded myself. Melissa was still talking.

"Kim, spare bedroom. Aaron, stay here. Everyone else with me. We're going to check Ein's room."

We all followed Melissa down the hall. It was obvious which one Ein was in, the door was closed and a messy note written in Garroth's handwriting stuck to the door proclaimed 'Ein in here. Don't go in.' Of course, we went in.

Aphmau was crouched on the ground next to Ein's limp form, her hands glowing and eyes clenched shut in concentration. As we entered the room, she opened her eyes and sat back. The wound in Ein's chest was gone, a fresh scar showing through the large tear in his shirt. We all breathed a sigh of relief, and Aphmau looked up at us.

"We found her!" Melissa yelled. As steps thundered down the hall, Zane started scolding Aph.

"What were you thinking!? You vanished from the living room, and now we find you here healing our worst enemy! Why would you-"

"We need answers." Aph interrupted him. "He should be dead. I want to know how he's alive and laying right in front of us. For me to get those answers, he needs to be alive and well enough to talk. I didn't heal any of the smaller cuts, and he's still weak from blood loss. It'll be fine."

She and Zane had a glare off, and for once Aphmau won. Zane huffed and turned back down the hallway. "Just because I'm going along with it doesn't mean I have to like it!"

Aphmau grinned and yelled back "No, it doesn't!"

Zane's voice came faintly from the living room. "Tell me when he wakes up!"

Aph yelled, "Okay!" and addressed us. " I want a guard in this room watching him at all times. Melissa, will you take first watch?" Melissa nodded. "Good." Aph said. "Let's go back downstairs. Not much we can do now."

We followed her down the stairs.

Hello all!

Hope you liked this chapter!

See ya!

-Mags